accelerated growth?

rednerite

Hi all, wondering if you can tell by this photo if Mr tortoise is experiencing accelerated growth? I read somewhere that the slight upward curve in the back could indicate this so now I'm worried!

I've been maintaining ambient temps of 84f during the day with basking spot close to 95 and night ambient temp is 75-80. Humidity is around 50% ambient in room and I have a Tupperware hide with moss and spray several times daily the coco coir and cypress bedding. I'm hoping it's more humid in his hut.

He eats a mix of store bought veggies which I rotate weekly (endive, escarole, dandelion, radicchio, kale on occasion) and I just ordered the hermanni seed mix to attempt and grow (I've had horrible luck trying to grow seed indoors).

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!WP_20141020_005.jpg

Last edited:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Looks good to me as well. But, IMHO the substrate appears to be a tad too dry and crumbly. Im sure others will chime in, best of luck.

rednerite

Thank you! Yes substrate dried out on me overnight, I took this pic before spraying/soaking down this morning. I just added a humidifier to the room as well since its starting to get dry up here for fall/winter.