About my Tort!!

leothetort27

Location (City and/or State)
Toronto
Hey guys I have a greek tortoise who is turning one soon!! His name is Leonardo ( like Davinci ?) he loves lettuce, bell peppers, dandelions, strawberries and raspberries. Leonardo hates tomatoes (weird) and is starting to get used to being around people.He likes to fall asleep on me and likes to chomp my fingers. I have a tik tok account for Leonardo, check it out!! (@tortoiselol)

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
First of you got his diet incorrect. You shouldn’t be feeding Tomatoes at ALL.
Nor he should be eating any fruit. Don’t offer any fruits. He should be eating weeds.
If your going to feed grocery bought food.
Feed a variety that has lots of calcium and fiber. What your feeding is to high in sugar.

Reactions: Ink

leothetort27

Toronto
Nor he should be eating any fruit. Don’t offer any fruits. He should be eating weeds.
Feed a variety that has lots of calcium and fiber. What your feeding is to high in sugar.
I was told all these foods were fine in moderation. Thank you for letting me know

leothetort27

Toronto
i usually feed him grassland tortoise food and leafy greens those were just treats occasionally not his main diet

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I was told all these foods were fine in moderation. Thank you for letting me know
Not the fruits.
Including the bell pepper and tomato’s they are too high in sugar as i said.
Would recommend to not feed fruit to your tortoise especially your tortoise species.

leothetort27

Toronto
Not the fruits.
Including the bell pepper and tomato’s they are too high in sugar as i said.
Would recommend to not feed fruit to your tortoise especially your tortoise species.
ok thanks for letting me know, the last time he had peppers was in december, once again its not his main diet and i will not feed him these foods as treats. what treats do you recommend?

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
ok thanks for letting me know, the last time he had peppers was in december, once again its not his main diet and i will not feed him these foods as treats. what treats do you recommend?
For my tortoises the “Treats” that I give them is hibiscus flowers and Lettuce.
Can we see your Enclosure?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Can we see pictures of your tortoise?

franklin444

U.S.A
You have a mirror in his enclosure? I have never seen that before. What is it for.

franklin444

U.S.A
Most people
I read that they like to look at their reflections and he actually does its so cute, Its basically there to amuse him.
[/QUOTE
I have heard when they are starring at it you might think that it is cute but it is actually stressing him out because he may think that it is another tortoise and want to fight it. correct me if I am wrong though.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
They think it’s another tortoise, they don’t understand what a mirror is or does. Remove it.

In the short term, this might actually make your tortoise feel like its one a territorial dispute. This would require you to show the tortoise the mirror, let it posture for a moment, and then remove the mirror. The absence of the "foe" would then make your tortoise feel like the victor in this "battle". Leaving the mirror in there for longer periods of time could only be construed as an ongoing, un-winable battle and would be a source of chronic stress for your tortoise.

-Tom

You should also change the Red heat bulb. You wouldn’t like a red bulb on top of you for 12 hours. An try to get a water bowl more shallow.