A soaking Russian...

Nik777

I put a bath of warm water in for my Russian every morning. How long should I allow him to sit in the water? He loves it, I just don't want him to be in his "spa" for too long...ImageUploadedByTortForum1389364159.099083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
As long as he wants.

Something a little deeper would be quite a lot better.

And your tortoise needs a much bigger enclosure.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I agree with Tom's comments suggesting a bigger and deeper dish and a larger enclosure (atleast from what we can see). I also believe I am seeing gravel substrate? If so, I would suggest changing that out as well to something else. Gravel is often eaten and then impacts the tortoise. Something like coir with a small amount of play sand, or soil, or even mulch would be so much better for him. He is a lovely Russian by the way.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I agree w/ Jacqui and Tom! Mostly the gravel is important. If you have organic soil somewhere, that'll work temporarily.

babushka8

what I do to soak my tortoise is I take a large Tupperware container and fill it with warm water about 1-1 1/2 inches of water and let them soak for about 15 minutes or until they poop. the helps with their digestive system and keeps them clean.

TMK1971

Southern California
Beautiful Tortoise! I can't comment on any of the particulars as I am just learning as well. There are some good members on here that really seem to know quite a lot. I know it is hard to hear that your set-up might not be adequate...but I believe they mean well and experience never comes easy.