Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It seems like Jacqui and I have our own little private forum. We've been trying to drum up some interest, but seems like the only new members we're getting are spammers.

Come on by and give us a try:

http://www.reptiliaforum.com/index.php

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Josh added these two forums to his repertoire a couple months ago:
reptiliaforum.com
uromastyxforum.com

There IS a section on the reptilia forum for turtles and tortoises, but mostly they're forums for those folks who have other reptiles and uromastyx to get together and talk.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I signed up and then had to go shower. I felt like I was cheating

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know what you mean! LOL!

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Is said forum advertised anywhere else besides this forum? If not it's tough because this forum is for tortoise die hards and already has branches for other reptiles. I've checked out the new forum. I think once it takes off and grows it could be entertaining. But there's SOOOO many forums out there today.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
I've checked it out a few times, trouble for me is... torts are my only reptiles at this time and will likely be the only ones I have for some time. LOL

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Balboa said:
I've checked it out a few times, trouble for me is... torts are my only reptiles at this time and will likely be the only ones I have for some time. LOL

And that is perfectly fine. We can still use your tortoise experience/knowledge, not to mention the pleasure of your thoughts, opinions, on other folk's reptiles or just in the open informal chat area. You don't even have to have ANY kind of reptile to join in!

Laura said:
how is it differnt from here? pros/cons?

To me, the biggest difference is we are in our first stumbling infancy steps, much like we were here in TO just a few short years ago. With luck and a lot of help from the folks like you in here, we can get this new forum off on the same footing as this one. A friendly forum with good advice and some joking around, too. :D

We do have areas for other reptiles which are on equal footing with tortoises, rather then the tortoises being the primary area as in here at TO. In TO the other reptiles, amphibians, and inverts are kinda more hidden in the overall forum picture.

Belonging to a site that is for all reptiles gives you a chance to better learn about all those other unique and interesting animals. You also are usually kept aware of legal issues which currently may be moving more toward limiting snakes or amphibians, but may well be first steps toward limiting tortoise keeping too.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I joined same screen name, but since I get most if not all my info here I don't visit very often.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I signed up. Seems redundant. I have no interest in a second forum. It reminds me of the kingsnake forum, very inactive.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
I used to be on repticzone.com but after i got my tortoise i needed to find a better information source and im happy to have found it. i own quite a few reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.