A Newbie Here!

The Jack Frost

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Hello,

I am from Cebu City, Philippines and I have been contemplating now on having my very first pet tortoise.

I have been doing a lot of research from the threads here and so far it has been very helpful and it has made me even more excited.

The only problem I am facing now is...

Where and how to get my first tortoise?

:rolleyes:o_O:confused:;).................................:tort:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome. We have a few Indonesian members. Maybe they will chime in where to help you out in finding some over in your part of the world. I know lots are in Sumatra, Borneo. But that would require some permits to transport them back to thePhilippines.

The Jack Frost

Philippines
Welcome. We have a few Indonesian members. Maybe they will chime in where to help you out in finding some over in your part of the world. I know lots are in Sumatra, Borneo. But that would require some permits to transport them back to thePhilippines.

Thank you!

I am actually seeing pet stores here selling aquatic turtles and snapping turtles.

But I've been in love with the idea of having a Sulcata or even an Aldabra.

But it's seems tortoise breeders here are rare.

Magilla504

Make sure you have ALOT of space. They are both species that get very large! They also eat a lot! I love these larger species. They have great personalities but even with a few
Acres of land I still have not attempted to raise one. Definitely think it through please

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

The Jack Frost

Philippines
Thanks for the warm welcome tort lovin' friends.

I just brought my lamp fixtures, lightings, amd substrate earlier today.

Next... the enclosure.

franz_see

Philippines
Thanks for the warm welcome tort lovin' friends.

I just brought my lamp fixtures, lightings, amd substrate earlier today.

Next... the enclosure.

Hi Jack,

Im a newbie as well :) curious, do you think we still need lamps here in the Philippines? :)

Thanks,
Franz

The Jack Frost

Philippines
Hi Jack,

Im a newbie as well :) curious, do you think we still need lamps here in the Philippines? :)

Thanks,
Franz

Hi Franz,

I believe it really depends on where you want to place your tortoise. If you want to place it indoor (most of the time) then yes the lamps are gonna be essential to make sure they grow healthy.

I actually plan on building an enclosure that is easy to move around so I can move the tort indoors/outdoors depending on the weather outside.

It also depends on the time you can spend with your tort. If you have time to put them outside under the sun everyday then prolly gonna have lesser use for your reptile lamps.

Anyhow, I am a newbie and these are just conclusions based on my research.