A good size

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyAF

5 Year Member
I'm suggesting to my mother she get a Russian, what is a good size enclosure? I tell her "The bigger the better" and she just asks "But how big?" :\ I guess the real question is What is too small?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Anything smaller than a cement mixing tub is small, I personally like old bookcases, the old built ones you find at estate sales and yard sales, not those IKEA piece of pressed wood junk. They are usually a good size they are often cheap or free and they will last a long time, of course kiddie pools make good ones, but most being round are a little hard to move.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
When Dale was 6 inches my husband built an inside enclosure that was 6 foot long and 3 1/2 feet wide. I would have liked it to be bigger, but we didn't have the room. :D Just give them enough room not to be bored.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
The Bigger is Always The Best, You Want to Add a Foot To At Least Every Inch The Tort is.
So if The Tort is 4 inches long by 3 inches width, the cage should be 4 foot by 3 foot!

i keep my baby Sulcata thats 4 inches in his outdoor enclosure thats 7 foot by 4 foot,
when i take him in every night i keep him in a 40 gallon terrarium

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My inside enclosure for our russian is 48" x 24" with a 12" x 24" loft. I would have liked it to be bigger but I built it on the advice another tortoise forum recommended. When I build my outdoor enclosure I want it to be atleast 72" x 36".

KellyAF

5 Year Member
Wow, 72x36 would be awesome!!
My mom doesn't have that type of room for an enclosure, but I'm giving her all the best info I can find.
my hubby said it is so weird that I have to print stuff from the internet to mail to her bcs she has no
idea how to work a computer, except for solitaire.... let alone use the internet to do research!

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
SnakeyeZ said:
My inside enclosure for our russian is 48" x 24" with a 12" x 24" loft. I would have liked it to be bigger but I built it on the advice another tortoise forum recommended. When I build my outdoor enclosure I want it to be atleast 72" x 36".

Rich perhaps you can post a pic on here as its really nice-I saw your pics on a local forum-nicely done!
Louise

Status
Not open for further replies.