A Friend?

Billna the 2

Location (City and/or State)
Smoaks sc
Should I get Little Jimmy a friend? Of course he have me but I'm no tortoise [emoji23]IMG_20180816_181119_188.jpeg

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
No need to! They have no desire for one. It's my understanding that Sulcatas are very territorial as well.

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
No
Don't
Tortoises are solitary creatures.
And two Sulcata tortoises will soon be a HANDFUL!
Ok then, I do have alot and I mean alot of land for him when grown, I would like to get some red footed tortoise But not sure if the Marginated tortoise would be best[emoji16]

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Ok then, I do have alot and I mean alot of land for him when grown, I would like to get some red footed tortoise But not sure if the Marginated tortoise would be best[emoji16]

Just do your research, and understand that you cannot keep different species together! [emoji39]

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
No need to get him a "friend". It might seem nice, but tortoises are solitary animals. They have no desire to interact, except during mating season. Thus, housing two tortoises together can be very stressful / even dangerous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only exception is if you have a very large space, with a higher ratio of females.
Your right thanks, I do have alot of land too, I live in the country [emoji4] I would like to get either some Marginated tortoise or Red footed tortoise.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your right thanks, I do have alot of land too, I live in the country [emoji4] I would like to get either some Marginated tortoise or Red footed tortoise.
I think you should get both, and I think both would do well in your climate with a little help from you.