A friend of mine....playing on his motor scooter

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
This is the Neville Lush Racing bike. I think it's a 72 H1 500 Kawasaki triple. 151 races over 12 years or so at last count w/o ever removing the top end or some crazy number like that! Nev is a true builder. He knows how to feel what the engine is telling him.

I am 65, Nev is my OLDER brother from another Mother down under!

I sent him some info on a sidecar sold locally to see if he wanted it but he's buried in other stuff but sent me the pic when he replied!

Nev Lush racing.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
This is the Neville Lush Racing bike. I think it's a 72 H1 500 Kawasaki triple. 151 races over 12 years or so at last count w/o ever removing the top end or some crazy number like that! Nev is a true builder. He knows how to feel what the engine is telling him.

I sent him some info on a sidecar sold locally to see if he wanted it but he's buried in other stuff but sent me the pic when he replied!

View attachment 358497
We seriously need a side hack racing category in the U.S.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
😲 Wow! Does NOT remind me of my little yellow HD trail bike back in '71.

zovick

10 Year Member!

View attachment 358497
Back in 1963-64, one of my friends from MA drove a twin engine (650 cc each) Triumph drag bike at the CT Dragway. The bike had to be pushed with a car to jump start it and was very loud. It ran consistent quarter mile times around 9.5 seconds. I forget the MPH readings, but it was very fast for back in those days.

This bike makes that Triumph seem very tame by comparison!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Back in 1963-64, one of my friends from MA drove a twin engine (650 cc each) Triumph drag bike at the CT Dragway. The bike had to be pushed with a car to jump start it and was very loud. It ran consistent quarter mile times around 9.5 seconds. I forget the MPH readings, but it was very fast for back in those days.

This bike makes that Triumph seem very tame by comparison!
Today, every Japanese 600cc sport bike can do 9s in the quarter mile.
Several larger displacement production bikes are around 9 flat.
It's gotten crazy.