4' T8

Wolfpackin

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
The T8 10.0 bulbs emit low levels of UVB unless they are relatively close to the tortoise, sometimes less than 6" depending on the target UVI level.
At higher than 12-14" they provide almost no UVB, according to my readings.
Between 6-12" they could be beneficial in providing low levels of UVB, over a larger area, in line with Shade Method of keeping reptiles.

But for higher UVB basking areas and mounting at higher distances the T5's work better.

A T8 is certainly better than nothing and if nothing else provides good light.

Action

Valley Springs, Ca.
Thanks...I ended up not using any t8's.....I used a 4' LED for light.....(hope it works ?) I have a 65W flood for basking. CHE for heat. I am looking for a uvb light now......
Jack

xMario

Germany
Thanks...I ended up not using any t8's.....I used a 4' LED for light.....(hope it works ?) I have a 65W flood for basking. CHE for heat. I am looking for a uvb light now......
Jack
I can recommend Arcadia HO T5
I use the 12% desert one for my sulcata

Action

Valley Springs, Ca.
Thanks...not sure what i need a 36" or 48" or ?........Also looking for a bulb and fixture all in 1 but am having trouble finding that....I'm sure I am looking in the wrong place....lol....
Jack

xMario

Germany
Thanks...not sure what i need a 36" or 48" or ?........Also looking for a bulb and fixture all in 1 but am having trouble finding that....I'm sure I am looking in the wrong place....lol....
Jack
Maybe this site can help

https://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-UVB

I'm from Germany so it's hard for me to find US websites [emoji1]

Size if tube and fixture will depend on how much space u got