3.7 // NAMES WITH PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
These are our aldabra tortoises that are part of our breeding program in SW Florida. Three males and seven females. All of them have unique and very different personalities. All reside together on about one acre of improved and irrigated pasture, located about five miles from the Gulf.

:tort: 01). PEANUT (female)
2wm29o8.jpg

:tort: 02). APRIL (female)
2h7l260.jpg

:tort: 03). NORMA (female)
qzj9jb.jpg

:tort: 04). GRACE (female)
294t3r4.jpg

:tort: 05). SANDY (female)
t89p48.jpg

:tort: 06). MISS GODLEY (female)
wam429.jpg

:tort: 07). SKY (female)
a3cg8w.jpg

:tort: 08). SAMPSON (male)
2gxof83.jpg

:tort: 09). COWBOY (male)
vsietw.jpg

:tort: 10). HOMMER (male)
i5ov0k.jpg

2927aj9.jpg

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Very nice to get to meet them all

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Very cool greg, I've always wanted to see all of your herd like that it's nice to see them labeled individually. Thanks for sharing!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I noticed you mentioned that you aren't far from The Gulf. Where are you located?... if you don't mind me asking. I purchased a home in New Port Richey which is relatively close to The Gulf. I know Florida is a long state but I would LOVE to see your majestic Aldabras in person one day... and of course you as well.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
jeffbens0n said:
Very cool greg, I've always wanted to see all of your herd like that it's nice to see them labeled individually. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Love your beautiful herd :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
AnthonyC said:
I noticed you mentioned that you aren't far from The Gulf. Where are you located?... if you don't mind me asking. I purchased a home in New Port Richey which is relatively close to The Gulf. I know Florida is a long state but I would LOVE to see your majestic Aldabras in person one day... and of course you as well.
Naples, Collier County. As far south as you can get before thye Keys.

ChiKat said:
Love your beautiful herd :D
Thank you.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice pics,makes me jealous :)

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Very nice pics! It's great to be able to see them individually! Next mini aldabra intros??
- Now I won't have to go through the introducing when we camp outside with them. :) haha!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Is it just the picture or does Peanut actually have a more hmmm not sure what to call it, maybe a pinched in shell? Every time I see your pictures, I kick myself for not jumping on buying one years ago. Then I remind myself, back then I would have made the poor guy's life horrible with my lack of knowledge. Your gang is just incredible, so glad you share these awesome pictures and lives with us. :tort:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
All I can think and say is WHOA!! They are truly amazing!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jacqui said:
Is it just the picture or does Peanut actually have a more hmmm not sure what to call it, maybe a pinched in shell? Every time I see your pictures, I kick myself for not jumping on buying one years ago. Then I remind myself, back then I would have made the poor guy's life horrible with my lack of knowledge. Your gang is just incredible, so glad you share these awesome pictures and lives with us. :tort:

Good observation Jacqui, Peanut is crooked. It is all cosmedic, she is one of our highest egg producers of the seven. I have had her since the late 80's. I purchased her with a group of five, the other four are relocated. She laid eggs the first year I recieved her. Fertility took longer. She lays two clutches on average ever year, sometimes three. She is the most shy and very healthy.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Very nice crew :D Peanut doesn't seem like she likes her picture taken while she is eating :p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
froghaven5 said:
Very nice crew :D Peanut doesn't seem like she likes her picture taken while she is eating :p

She is our most shy female....When the meter reader use to read the electric meter at my old house, she would run away....LOL...I always knew when he was reading the meter, Peanut was on the run.

P.S. Just for this reason, the meter is know not near the torts at my current house.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Norma is absolutely sweet....it looks like she is trying to crouch down to the same level as the camera....I can say....I am loving Norma......all of your crew are marvelous :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
ALDABRAMAN said:
froghaven5 said:

She is our most shy female....When the meter reader use to read the electric meter at my old house, she would run away....LOL...I always knew when he was reading the meter, Peanut was on the run.

P.S. Just for this reason, the meter is know not near the torts at my current house.
ahhh who could be scared of peanut?

Status
Not open for further replies.