2 Sulcatas need a good home in Central FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

justiceprevails

5 Year Member
Tortose (1).jpgWe have 2 healthy Sulcatas that need a good home. One is about 2' and the other is about 1.5' across. We believe they are M and F. We want someone that will feed them a proper diet because we have see the messed up pyramid shells that occur from a friends that refused to feed theirs properly. We are in Tampa - does anyone know of a rescue group or someone that would provide a good home?
you can also remove all the numbers from the following and email me [email protected] 100_4889.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Are these up for adoption or for sale?

justiceprevails

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Are these up for adoption or for sale?

Adoption was the plan - But if there is a market - It wouldn't break my heart to recoup some of all the money we have spent on food. When we got one of them he/she was about 1.5" the other we found walking in the street a couple of years later.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
If you are not in a hurry to get rid if them, i bet you could find a buyer that would give them a good home... I usually see sulcatas around that size posted on Craig's list for a month or two before they are placed. I also have the contact info for a sanctuary that might be able to take them, but they probably won't pay for them... And, yeah, why do you have a photo of a gopher tortoise in your post???

justiceprevails

5 Year Member
leonardo the tmnt said:
But isn't the first one a desert tortoise?

Apparently it was a street walking city tortoise - I guess times are hard on everyone for her to resort to street walking.

justiceprevails

5 Year Member
This may not make sense - but for some reason I feel if I sell them on Craig's list instead of someone on a forum like this - They may go with someone who doesn't have a clue about their requirements. A dedicated adoption organization or someone that at least reads a forum like this would give myself, wife and son a "warm and fuzzy". Mostly my wife and son - I've been looking for tortoise recipes - Kidding....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just to be clear, your only talking about the two tortoises pictured together, correct?

fiveash

5 Year Member
I would be interested i dont live to far away. I have a handful of turtles who all live in a out door enclosure and currently build a new for my tortoise i recently got and would love him some company.

justiceprevails

5 Year Member
I finally see what is confusing everybody, I accidentally posted a pic if a gopher tort that my kids took at an animal rescue years ago. Ignore the 1st pic of the single tort. It is the pair that we are trying to place.

shellysmom said:
If you are not in a hurry to get rid if them, i bet you could find a buyer that would give them a good home... I usually see sulcatas around that size posted on Craig's list for a month or two before they are placed. I also have the contact info for a sanctuary that might be able to take them, but they probably won't pay for them... And, yeah, why do you have a photo of a gopher tortoise in your post???

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
I'm not sure if you have Lund a home yet or your torts. I recently helped place a couple, they went o a great family but I am aware of a place in polk county that will take them for you. They will not pay but were willing to meet me or offered for me or come see what they could offer them. PM me if ou are interested in the information. ( I'm in lakeland by the way). Good luck!

turtlebrad

5 Year Member
I would love to provide a home for the smaller one, i have an outdoor encloser thy will be finished within the week. I also live in central florida about an hour and a half from you. Names brad! Love to hear back

justiceprevails

5 Year Member
Current pictures with a yard stick.
Large one 1st.

TortisesJan20136_zps0ad58278.jpg

TortisesJan20133_zpsb4a99597.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x76/justiceprevails/TortisesJan20134_zps700bba31.jpg

TortisesJan20135_zpsbac52758.jpg

This is the smaller one

TortisesJan20131_zps560d3b9e.jpg
TortisesJan20132_zps595a0d1c.jpg

justiceprevails

5 Year Member
My son tells me they are one of each. I have to take his word on it. He does his research normally - I know he keeps on us about feeding them a proper diet...

mayday29150 said:
Do you know yet if they male or female

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You mean to tell me that these beautiful specimens haven't been adopted yet? If I lived in central Florida, I would grap them up. Com'on Florida, don't we have any takers?

dustee35

10 Year Member!
they are awsome! Makes me want to get on a plane and come and snatch them up. Did you ever think about shipping them? The cost would probably be high though. Hmmmmmmm. Deanna :)

Status
Not open for further replies.