2 Sulcatas in Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
Ok so this was my email to the CG poster...
Hi, my name is Jenni and I was wondering if you have pictures of your Sulcatas? I have 2 and seriously LOVE them. I have reposted your ad on tortoiseforum.org as well to see if any of our members would be interested. I would love to see pics of them and their plastrons too. Thank you so much, Jenni
Here was their reply...
Hello

I did not ask or give permission to repost my ad on any other site.
Please remove it at once. I don't care for these forums filled with self
righteous people and falsely claimed a .org when all you see it advertising all over.
Just remove my info and remove my email from your contact list -

Here was my reply...
To whom it may concern-
Wow. I must say I was taken aback by your reply. I am a senior member of tortoiseforum.org and obviously you have never explored the site. There are many, many people on there who love their tortoises as part of their family and share their vast amount of experience with others. There is not a self-righteous member on there. I apologize for offending you but I was only trying to do the right thing and help find a quality home for your Sulcatas with someone who has experience with them instead of someone who has no idea what they're getting into. I will certainly remove your info from my list and my post as well. I sincerely hope you find a good qualified home for your Sulcatas.

So...is there a way to delete my original post or the link? Was I out of line?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Nope Jenni, I think what you did was kind and sweet. Maybe the CL poster has something to hide! Seems a little over reactive. I wouldn't worry about it, you had good intentions!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
You did nothing wrong, just tried to help them find a good home for their sulcatas.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
he posted on a public forum that can be seen from all over the world. its too bad he got so testy about it..
You only meant good.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Wow, obviously the internet is much more private in this persons eyes then it truly is! Thank you for trying to help the torts.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
wow, kind of feel sorry for his sulcatas... I hope they find a good home with someone who knows what they are getting into...Like the self-rightous people on this site :D. I have no idea why he has such a twisted attitude.

Jenni, you only did what any of us would have done. I like your reply back to him. I hope he took the time to look up the forum.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Well, I don't think he/she took a look at our forum. Here is the response I received...needless to say I've now deleted his/her emails...
Their reply-
I asked you to not email me. I am not at all interested in your response you have no business to assume I wanted any help by reposting my ad on your site. I did not ask for your help or given you any permission to post my personal add on your forum or anywhere else
Do remove my info, and do not email me again. Any further emails will be considered
harrassment and reported as same to your isp

All I have to say is .....wow, really???

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Wow is right. "Personal Add"?? Dude you posted it on craigslist anyone in the world can see it and do what they want with it!!!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
He/she has a few issue. when you post on a public forum where anybody can see it, it's not private. Just like this forum, when we post things it is available for anyone to see. So if they didn't want others to see the add then they should have not posted it on Craigs list...Sorry you had to deal with a crazy like that...Hope those Sulcata's find a good home..

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
So I have a question....have I been banned? My avatar isn't there anymore and I couldn't post from my phone.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's what a guilty conscience does for you! :p

No, you're not banned. And I see your avatar just fine.

I thought about removing the link, but then decided that the fellow put it on the internet and can't expect that it won't get copied and pasted on other sites.

You did nothing wrong.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Thank you so much Yvonne. I was really just dumbfounded. It's so hard to accept that others who have a tortoise or really any pet for that matter, don't have the same love for them as I have for mine and the fact that this person responded the way that they did. I guess it's a lesson learned for me. Next time, I will ask before I post someone else's ad anywhere.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I agree Jenni. I think you did the right thing and you had good intentions for these tortoises. CL is public for the entire world to view and once pictures and other info is submitted by him to the Internet to see, people have access to it. You were just trying to help and he shouldn't have made statements like that, as he clearly isn't aware of our forum. We have the best people who can provide and properly take care of a Sulcata so he should be happy about that. If something happened to me physically where my family or I could no longer care for all my torts, this would be the place I would come to find homes for them, not CL. I am not stating that CL is bad in any form, just that the forum is the best place in my opinion where there are so many experienced members. Try not to stress about it or take it personally Jenni!

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
I got an email reply but no pictures. He said maybe later today...

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Murray, thanks for posting that. Let us know if you find anything out. I'm more curious than anything if he even has Sulcatas, much less what kind of condition they may be in. Its really too bad too because my husband was ready to go pick one up. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.