2 Redfoot Tortstork Instahatch Eggs!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
Neighborhood even had a power outage the night before! Of course it would be the only one for the whole year....sigh. I will be remembering to get myself a generator in the future. But no worries, because everything was fixed up early.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Nice. By the way, I have that same incubator. It keeps a stable temperature, but the temp it says on the digital thing is inaccurate. You need to have a thermometer inside, on the bottom to know the true temp.

Oh damn! I will go set one inside right now!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Congrats, your in for a cool experience. Took mine 5 days to Pip.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Wow one of mine cannot wait to hatch out. This morning, half of her egg's shell is cracking off. Every time I peer in again ( which is like every 30 minutes at most!) there are more pieces of shell shattering and starting to break away.
20200424_080134.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Wow one of mine cannot wait to hatch out. This morning, half of her egg's shell is cracking off. Every time I peer in again ( which is like every 30 minutes at most!) there are more pieces of shell shattering and starting to break away.
View attachment 292166
So Eggciting!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
So my second redfoot egg pipped while I was watching just now this morning! So cool! The other baby is super vigorous this morning. Sticking her face and shoulder out every few minutes.
I'm having really good results with the "The Little Giant" incubator in my reptile room. Obviously with the temps always pretty stable in there, I'm not struggling to maintain even temps inside the incubator to much. But I cannot keep my eyes off of the thing. And then I keep forgetting my dumb phone to take pics. Eye roll....
Also I have my 3 different styles of thermometer/ hygrometer to double check everything right and left. Temp gun helps alot.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Question :
Can fast movement when I'm peering in through the windows startle the babies during hatching?
When I spot movement, I just freeze trying not to distract her from her mission!