Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I was perusing the "For Sale" forums to make sure they were keeping clean of chatter, and happened upon LLL Reptile's ad for Mazuri in the 1lb package:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...OCK-at-GUARANTEED-lowest-prices#axzz1vWaiA5Av

In looking at the picture within the picture...the picture showing the product on the outside of the package...this ISN'T the same Mazuri Tortoise Diet that you get in the 20lb bag. This product looks more like Reptimin stix.

Has anyone ever bought the 1lb package?

Or Maybe someone at LLL Reptile can tell us if its a different product from the big bags?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have purchased the 1lb bag before but it had the photo of the normal Mazuri pellet on the bag. I saw LLL Reptiles add and just figured it was something new.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just checked the Mazuri site. They don't show any tortoise or even turtle food that looks like the product in the LLL reptile thread. Not sure what it could be.[/code]

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
I emailed the LLL people through their site with questions about the 20lb bag because it is so much cheaper and wanted to know how to keep this stored. I haven't had a reply yet.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
MarcaineArt said:
I emailed the LLL people through their site with questions about the 20lb bag because it is so much cheaper and wanted to know how to keep this stored. I haven't had a reply yet.

I get the 25lb bags from my local feed store and I put it into a container thats used to keep charcoal fresh.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just called LLL reptile, thinking about ordering. It is just a bad picture. They checked the bags on their shelves, and they are the same as what we are used to getting.

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
dmarcus said:
MarcaineArt said:

I get the 25lb bags from my local feed store and I put it into a container thats used to keep charcoal fresh.

is it normally that inexpensive? I don't use this I feed all fresh foods but this looks like a good supplement to me if they like it.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I get mine for $26 for the 25lb bag, and I normally buy two bags which last's me all year right now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
dmarcus said:
MarcaineArt said:

Some place, don't remember where. I think on TFO, but not sure, I read to put in freezer to keep fresh. I have two, 1 pound bags I bought last year when I got my leopard and had placed one bag in the freezer. Just took it out a week ago, seem fine to me.

MarcaineArt said:
dmarcus said:
MarcaineArt said:

is it normally that inexpensive? I don't use this I feed all fresh foods but this looks like a good supplement to me if they like it.

The LLL Reptile price is cheaper then the actual Mazuri site. However, for me, in Chicago, the Mazuri site shipping is half the cost of LLL Reptiles shipping cost. I will be getting mine from Mazuri themselves:D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
wellington said:
dmarcus said:
MarcaineArt said:

Some place, don't remember where. I think on TFO, but not sure, I read to put in freezer to keep fresh. I have two, 1 pound bags I bought last year when I got my leopard and had placed one bag in the freezer. Just took it out a week ago, seem fine to me.

MarcaineArt said:
dmarcus said:
MarcaineArt said:

The LLL Reptile price is cheaper then the actual Mazuri site. However, for me, in Chicago, the Mazuri site shipping is half the cost of LLL Reptiles shipping cost. I will be getting mine from Mazuri themselves:D

I would have to have an extra freezer to store the extra mazuri from a 25lb bag. :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Start scanning Craigslist for a cheap used freezer. If you buy a frig/freezer, just think of all the extra goodies, tort and human you could keep on hand. After all the torts are worth it LOL :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I will be going to one of their stores soon & I will check it out.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
wellington said:
I just checked the Mazuri site. They don't show any tortoise or even turtle food that looks like the product in the LLL reptile thread. Not sure what it could be.

Actually, the very same picture is shown on the Mazuri site, under the picture of the 'regular' Mazuri.
Mazuri%20Tortoise.jpg

http://www.mazuri.com/mazuritortoisediet-1.aspx

I think it's more peculiar that it's on the Mazuri page as opposed to just LLL's. Might be just to make the package look more appealing, the picture of the 'old' package is kind of dull.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I went to Tractor Supply Co. and purchased a plastic bin on two back wheels that holds the 20lb bag perfectly. The lid has a rubber seal around the inside of it, and clamping handles to hold it on tightly. I only use about 12 cups a week, so a bag will last me several months. Using this covered bin, I've not had any storage problems with my Mazuri.

SDDTMama

5 Year Member
I just bought a 1lb bag from the LLL store in Oceanside about 2 weeks ago; the 'pellets' are *way* larger than that weird pic resembling rabbit pellets, although the tortoise on the outside of the package is the same.

I would guess LLL just got the pic off of the Mazuri website?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dmarcus said:
I get mine for $26 for the 25lb bag, and I normally buy two bags which last's me all year right now.

* We pay similar!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
dmarcus said:
I have purchased the 1lb bag before but it had the photo of the normal Mazuri pellet on the bag. I saw LLL Reptiles add and just figured it was something new.

Ditto for me. I have bought the 1-lb bag before, and that's what it looked like, except with little balls instead of pellets. I would assume this is some new formulation, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.