How can i buy 100w bulb?

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello
Here in my city bulbs are available
It shows like 100 lumens/watt but actually is 9W bulb
How can i buy 100w bulb?
If you don't have access to them where you live, is there anyway you could order one on the internet?

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
If you don't have access to them where you live, is there anyway you could order one on the internet?
Does it have to white or yello?
I think that tge white one are not for generating heat
And if i use the yellow one what are the disadvantages?

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Does it have to white or yello?
I think that tge white one are not for generating heat
And if i use the yellow one what are the disadvantages?
I believe a lot of people are using just a regular 65 watt flood bulb. Personally I don't know if the color of the bulb actually influences the the amount of heat generated or not. I think a white light versus a yellow light would be more natural. I'm sure once more people are awake you will probably get a better detailed answer. And if I have answered anything incorrectly, please when you guys are awake let me know.

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
I believe a lot of people are using just a regular 65 watt flood bulb. Personally I don't know if the color of the bulb actually influences the the amount of heat generated or not. I think a white light versus a yellow light would be more natural. I'm sure once more people are awake you will probably get a better detailed answer. And if I have answered anything incorrectly, please when you guys are awake let me know.
So are you using a white ine or yellow one?

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Can you upload the bulb that you are using?
right now I'm using a mercury vapor bulb, but once I start using my closed chamber, I will be using the 65 watt flood bulb. The bulb I am using and the bulb that I will be using soon just gives out what looks like standard light to me. I don't see any yellow. I'm at work right now, so I can't upload anything LOL.

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
right now I'm using a mercury vapor bulb, but once I start using my closed chamber, I will be using the 65 watt flood bulb. The bulb I am using and the bulb that I will be using soon just gives out what looks like standard light to me. I don't see any yellow. I'm at work right now, so I can't upload anything LOL.
Its ok
Thnx for info [emoji176]

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
@Dipa I don't know your situation in India, but here in the US, incadescent bulbs of 100 watts or more are not legal to sell anymore. Due to energy saving laws, the bulk of the bulbs now marketed for lighting are fluorescent or LED.

Stores can still sell under 100 watt bulbs, but they are increasingly hard to find and normally of the specialty type for smaller applications like refridgerator, etc. That has caused manufacturers to stop making regular incandescent bulbs except for a few specialty sizes and applications. One of those is reptile UVB bulbs - MVB like @TechnoCheese shows above and some brooder heat lamps that are the red color.

I can still find 65 watt incadescent bulbs for now. Those are what I use and feel are the best option for our applications. I would also rather go with two bulbs of low wattage as opposed to using a higher wattage bulb for basking as I want to minimize the hot spot and distribute the heat over a lager basking area.

This is what I use:

65 watt flood.jpg

Here is some bulbs from Amazon India that are 50 watt incandescent. I like the flood style bulbs. Those will be labeled as "BR" which stands for bulged reflector". The 20 is the diameter of the bulb itself in 1/8" increments. So a BR20 is a bulged reflector 2-1/2" diameter bulb. The bulb I get above is a bulged reflector 3-3/4" diameter bulb. Both are good choices.

incandescent amazon india.jpg

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
@Dipa I don't know your situation in India, but here in the US, incadescent bulbs of 100 watts or more are not legal to sell anymore. Due to energy saving laws, the bulk of the bulbs now marketed for lighting are fluorescent or LED.

Stores can still sell under 100 watt bulbs, but they are increasingly hard to find and normally of the specialty type for smaller applications like refridgerator, etc. That has caused manufacturers to stop making regular incandescent bulbs except for a few specialty sizes and applications. One of those is reptile UVB bulbs - MVB like @TechnoCheese shows above and some brooder heat lamps that are the red color.

I can still find 65 watt incadescent bulbs for now. Those are what I use and feel are the best option for our applications. I would also rather go with two bulbs of low wattage as opposed to using a higher wattage bulb for basking as I want to minimize the hot spot and distribute the heat over a lager basking area.

This is what I use:

View attachment 235528

Here is some bulbs from Amazon India that are 50 watt incandescent. I like the flood style bulbs. Those will be labeled as "BR" which stands for bulged reflector". The 20 is the diameter of the bulb itself in 1/8" increments. So a BR20 is a bulged reflector 2-1/2" diameter bulb. The bulb I get above is a bulged reflector 3-3/4" diameter bulb. Both are good choices.

View attachment 235529

The one I showed is just a regular old daylight basking bulb, not a MVB :)