100% Pure Cypress Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
This is the bedding/substrate that we use for many of our tortoises being kept indoors. Ours is fine, and does not have the big "filler" chunks that many cypress mixes have. These bags are 2 cubic feet, and are shipped in a 12x12x24" box (filled snugly). Weight is about 20-22lbs, depending on moisture content of the bag. One bag will cover 12 square feet at a depth of 1.5".

-North American made
-Zero dust
-Remains loose and doesn't clump to itself
-Not light and fluffy like aspen
-No oils, chemicals, fillers or additives - just pure cypress
-Use dry or moist, depending on your needs
-Safe for all animals; reptiles, amphibians, inverts, rodents, etc.

Our cypress substrate ships the first business day after purchase. We have a huge pile in stock ready to ship.

1 Bag (2 cubic feet) $25 + UPS Ground shipping
3 Bags or more $22 per bag + UPS Ground shipping (combined shipping makes these much cheaper per bag overall)

UPS Ground will vary from about $12 into Southern California, Nevada up to about $25 for the extreme East coast for a single bag (you can figure out shipping prices yourself, shipping 22 lbs UPS Ground from 89032).

We haven't yet added this to our site, but you can call to order with a credit card at 702-658-5659 or e-mail me at [email protected]. I can send a PayPal request so you can pay with CC/Debit that way also.

Attachments

• CypressA400x266.jpg
    CypressA400x266.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 66
  • CypressB400x266.jpg
    CypressB400x266.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 31

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Is this an acceptable replacement for Aspen? Better or worse? I like that it says "zero dust", my Aspen has lots!

I would use it for Greeks and Hermanns!

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Is this okay for hatchlings?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
About the only advantage I can come up with for aspen over cypress would be generally a lower price for aspen. I don't like the dustiness of it, it can't handle water, and it has no weight to it, so it just ends up in a pile in the center with a bare bottom around the perimeter. I use aspen to temporarily house or transport larger tortoises, because it's something I can throw away at the end of the day. Plus, babies have a hard time walking through aspen. Cypress is nice, and I use it more and more here. With certain things, I mix it with coco coir (like baby redfoots, cherries, etc) because I like both substrates for certain reasons. I can find no difference in the cypress I have compared to the cypress I got from TRex or ZooMed.

Webskipper - I believe I just replied to your e-mail.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Tyler do you ever or have you known anyone who has had a problem with bugs and cypress mulch? :) So far no bugs with Ruby's zoo-med cypress mulch, but with the stuff in Dales I got bugs (although there is also dirt and plants in Dale's and not in Ruby's). Your stuff looks very nice.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I think the problem with your flies has got to be coming from the soil and/or plants. I never see them here, but I don't have live plants in indoor cages, either. Last time I saw those gnats was several years ago in a glass tank I was breeding satanic leaftail geckos in (deep substrate, live plants, potting soils, etc). It has a lot to do with the moisture levels combined with live plants (and the soils they require). I keep cypress moist here in many cases, and never see them.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm thinking that it was the soil that my husband made me buy because I didn't have it with the other soil and mulch. Of course my husband didn't like that soil because it smelled for a couple of days so he thought it best that we buy this other crap. :D Oh well live and learn. I'm going to have to redo it. :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I use cypress mulch by zoo med for my hatchlings and juveniles. I do get nats after a few months. I just clean them all out at once and let them on paper for a week and poof they are gone and we start all over again with cypress. I love how the cypress holds the moisture and the ease at which the hatchlings can navigate on it.

I believe Cypress could be used for any tort. But it is especially nice for hatchlings and juveniles that need more moisture, JMHO.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
So Robyn what you're saying is that you clean out the old cypress and redo the enclosure with fresh cypress right. Well if that's the case it would be good to purchase the big bags from Tyler and then I would have enough to redo Ruby and Dales enclosure more then once while inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.