10 week old Russians fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

conns1

5 Year Member
Hello I have 2 ten week old Russians. They come from he same clutch however, they were separated for about 2 weeks. Ever since we got the second one they fight alot. We are thinking we made a mistake. We now feed them apart and they have their own hiding places but that has not stopped it. Any suggestions?? Please help!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Unfortunately, they're probably going to have to live apart. This is what steppe tortoises do. They truly are solitary tortoises.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Try giving them much more room. If they have enough space to get away from each other they will sometimes be ok when they are near one another. If that doesn't work then yea, you gotta separate them.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
conns1 said:
Hello I have 2 ten week old Russians. They come from he same clutch however, they were separated for about 2 weeks. Ever since we got the second one they fight alot. We are thinking we made a mistake. We now feed them apart and they have their own hiding places but that has not stopped it. Any suggestions?? Please help!!

How big are they (straight line carapace length)? Can you post a photo of them?

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
maybe more hides, rocks, bushes, hills, anything to distract them? i have 2 adult males that i rescued

maybe more hides, rocks, bushes, hills, anything to distract them? i have 2 adult males that i rescued together and they're housed together. they don't fight but they live in a 5'-4' enclosure. they tend to do a lot together..but i give them multiple spots to do whatever they need (sleep, eat, drink, hide, bask, cool off)

Status
Not open for further replies.