10 points if u can identify this plant

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Conyza canadensis. Horse weed. They won't eat it and from what I have read, I think it is toxic to some degree. I pull out each one by the root before it can go to seed. If you let it go to seed, you will be seeming lots more of this plant.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Conyza canadensis. Horse weed. They won't eat it and from what I have read, I think it is toxic to some degree. I pull out each one by the root before it can go to seed. If you let it go to seed, you will be seeming lots more of this plant.

I had to look that one up. Yep, 10 points.

jay surfs

5 Year Member
Torrance, Ca
Brownie points for you sir. I'm so glad I asked, as i hadn't a clue as to what it was nor if it was edible for my tortoises. They are sprouting all over my backyard. Last year I let a couple grow to see what they looked like, and they got 6 feet tall. I shall burn my fields to ashes now, ty.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I have those everywhere too!!
I call them wannabe pot plants!
Never knew their true name.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm afraid Tom is going to have to share his points with me. It's not "horsetail" but horseweed.

Rue

Canada
If it's horse weed (I always called it fleabane) it's not toxic. The tortoises might not eat it, but it's edible.

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
Agree.
Interestingly, the diet of wild Hermann's tortoises includes a lot of this non-native (in Europe) plant.

Reactions: Rue