young sulcata tortoise outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenw91

5 Year Member
8x4 outdoor enclosure I plan on adding grass ,one tortoise is a year old the other is 7 months they seem to like it alot . let me know what you think
20130522_092342.jpg20130522_092430.jpg20130522_092650_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cute torts. Please read Toms threads below on how Properly raise a sulcata. Your bigger one already has some pyramiding started, the thread will tell you how to stop it. If they are living outside 24/7 then make them a couple humid hides. If you bring them in at night, you can make their inside enclosure humid. The enclosure looks good. I would add another hide and some plants for more shade. Also, be sure you keep your eye out for bullying. Sullies prefer to live alone, so bullying may happen and then they will need to live apart.

darrenw91

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Cute torts. Please read Toms threads below on how Properly raise a sulcata. Your bigger one already has some pyramiding started, the thread will tell you how to stop it. If they are living outside 24/7 then make them a couple humid hides. If you bring them in at night, you can make their inside enclosure humid. The enclosure looks good. I would add another hide and some plants for more shade. Also, be sure you keep your eye out for bullying. Sullies prefer to live alone, so bullying may happen and then they will need to live apart.

the bigger on is actully younger and i got him/her about a month and a half ago his shell is looking alot better of than when i bought him/her and i do plan to add some plants i just built the enclosure last night so any more advice would be hepfull

Status
Not open for further replies.