Wow! What is it about cuttlebone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Wow! What is it about cuttlebone that has my ornate so busy?! I put one inherent habitat and later I heard all this clunking and thumping. I was like what the?! I went to see and she is going to town chomping on her cuttlebone. This is the most active and determined that I have ever seen her. What is it about the cuttlebone? I figured she chomp it from time to time but this is really cool to watch. She almost seems entertained.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

And now back under her hide. She is busy digging lol. ImageUploadedByTortForum1380120037.499553.jpgi see your little turtle butt Lylah. <3

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Last edited by a moderator:

bigjohn

5 Year Member
i have 6 box turtles an none show any interest in a cuttle bone so i use a calcium supplement i guess the cuddle bone didn't do it for them ?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
The two boxies I raised from hatchlings both went crazy for cuttlebone as well. Which is great, as it keeps the beak trim as well.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
My Hermann's has always ignored cuttlebone. So I just hold it above her greens (which I have wetted) and scrape it with a knife so that the cuttlebone powder falls and sticks to the wet greens. She eats all her greens, so I get it in her that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.