worth keeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelloise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manitoba Canada
Hi, I just cut and paste an ad I put on kijiji, but now am debating whether , if I buy new glass for the side, it would be worth keeping. Both the russian tortoes are bigger, one is an adult female, the other an adult but smaller. Do you think the size works ok or not? The pictures I attached show sand which is what the previous owner used. I took out the sand and rocks. Now they are on coir, also, there is no grate on top ,the previous owner did that
Here is the info in the ad for size etc.

Extremely well made nice looking enclosure, inside has glass like a tank. Sturdy, with a large pull out drawer for supplies. Measures 42 long, 25 wide and 34 high. used for russian tortes before. actual glass tank insert is 2 inches from the other measurements. Would ask more but for a cracked glass which was repaired , you can replace the glass. I paid a lot for it and have no need for it now. . but would open to trading for a tortoise

LongislandPhan

5 Year Member
A very interesting enclosure! I don't need one but its cool to see different designs and im sure someone would probably want it

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
Hello, could I get some more opinions on whether or not this enclosure is a good size please? I checked out the large rubbermaid boxes but they are more narrow and these guys dig like crazy. If u think it is good then i will keep it. Thanks

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
It is very nice, and certainly deep. Nice looking.
But approx 4x2' is a minimum for one Russian tortoise, so probably too small for two. Perhaps you could add a second level?

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
I dont think i could have a longer enclosure in the room where they are, but I could have them in a bigger room that has a table that is 2x4. If I could keep them in what they are in now, how can another level be added?
lynnedit said:
It is very nice, and certainly deep. Nice looking.
But approx 4x2' is a minimum for one Russian tortoise, so probably too small for two. Perhaps you could add a second level?

Status
Not open for further replies.