Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Well I got home from work and I found one of my four leos dead. He was in the middle of the enclosure and was stiff. It does not make any sense.. The others were fine tucked away in their hides but not this one. I checked the temps and it was all fine. 75 cool side and 100 under basking light. The enclosure is a "closed" type. He was fine this morning when I left them. He was only 6 months old.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
It happens and it happens a lot more often than it seems most folks want to admit/share. It can occur regardless of whether or not you do all of the "correct" things, so try to find some solace in that.

The cause will likely always be an idiopathic mystery to you and other keepers who experience this type of unfortunate event.

I have seen people engage in baseless speculation over possible reasons, but it is meaningless and basically unknowable without direct evidence.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Its ok I dont feel too bad because I KNOW I did everything right in my opinion. I guess its a mystery I wont ever find out. All I can do is recheck everything and make sure everything is safe for my other torts.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, what a terrible shock :(. I am really sorry for your loss!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
DrewsLife727 said:
Its ok I dont feel too bad because I KNOW I did everything right in my opinion. I guess its a mystery I wont ever find out. All I can do is recheck everything and make sure everything is safe for my other torts.

I am sorry for your loss.

If you would like some help trying to brainstorm what might have happened, could you share the details of how you are keeping them? Would you be willing to share pictures of your enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.