Which to chose?!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Ok, I am getting a leopard and I'm having a terrible time choosing which one. Each of these are beautiful. One is darker than the other and one has more marbling. What does that mean for their appearance later? Will the darker one remain mostly dark while the one with more marbling will be lighter in color? I have no experience so I haven't the foggiest if their hatchling coloring even indicates their final appearance. I've already received the invoice, I just need to pick!
Help please?
These are the pictures sent to me. The are sooooooooooooo pretty.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1383546065.802337.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1383546083.718086.jpg

*title should read*
Which to choose?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1383545829.915423.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1383545829.915423.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
What? A choice between these two? No way. They are both beautiful. Tough call. Get two, or three! (Sorry, I suck at helping with this choice. I am an enabler to leopard tortoise getting ... ).

And no, no way of super really knowing. The dark may radiate and the new growth will be blonde ... and then in a few months you have a blondie. Or not. That is the magic of leopard tortoises, ya never know how that kaleidoscope of a shell will turn out. Even if you have pics of mom and dad, chances are good that they will be different from the parents. Beautiful babies. : )

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Top One :D seems to have less pyramiding.....
Both are Gorg tho!
Ask the breeder to make it a surprise maybe...[/u]

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The top one looks perfectly smooth. I'd choose that one.

You have zero chance of knowing how their coloring/pattern will be as they grow. So, base your choice off what you see right now.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Getting both. One for me and one for a friend. Woot!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I like the second ones color, but the first one is the one I would get too. No, can't really know what they will look like when older. I have seen some that were really dark like the second one and grew into a high white looking tort.
Don't forget, as soon as it arrives, give it a nice warm soak and then some food. Before it arrives, have your enclosure, hopefully closed chamber all set up and the temps and humidity ran through a dry (wet) run, so all tweaking can be done beforehand.:D

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Get both and send them to me as a gift :) lol

No seriously I like the bottom one because its darker than usual and that's cool to me. Although the first ones shell is growing out very smooth.