What's up, my trusty tortoise teammates?!

Robert Voellinger

Hey there,

My names Robert, and I'm from the bay area in Nor Cal. I have a female Russian tortoise named TurnUp. She has been a part of the family for about two months now, and we got the standard misguided information everybody does when they purchase there tortoise from Petco. My son wanted a turtle for his bday, so I took him down to the local Petco and we decided to get TurnUp instead. She had a super cool personality, and I figured they where probably a little cleaner and safer for my son to care for an play with.

I'm kinda OCD in the sense I got to do everything the right/best way it can be down. So me and my 8yr old son did a bunch of research, and found out we had TurnUp in the wrong encloser (glass tank, sold to us by Petco). My son and I are currently building TurnUp a 3 tier encloser.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Read Tom's care tips in the Russian section . This will save you cash on the new setup . Welcome to the forum.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Hello and welcome to the forum. I bought my son a leopard tortoise for Christmas in 2008. He moved out in 2012, and now I not only have that tortoise, but about 20 more. It's an addiction. :)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi, Robert! And very warm welcome to you, your son and your tort from Heart of Texas. I got couple of redfoot babies for my 10 yr old daughter and found myself doing tons of research as well as spending probably more time on the forum than she does. It is truly addictive we too have made all the mistakes most of the new keepers make. I'm glad you have found this forum. Fear no more my friend! This is just an awesome place to learn and make new friends. Post pictures of your tortoise and the enclosure check out the enclosures section of the forum if you need some ideas for building yours. There are some great threads on russians, enjoy reading, learning, posting, and again, welcome!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hey there,

My names Robert, and I'm from the bay area in Nor Cal. I have a female Russian tortoise named TurnUp. She has been a part of the family for about two months now, and we got the standard misguided information everybody does when they purchase there tortoise from Petco. My son wanted a turtle for his bday, so I took him down to the local Petco and we decided to get TurnUp instead. She had a super cool personality, and I figured they where probably a little cleaner and safer for my son to care for an play with.

I'm kinda OCD in the sense I got to do everything the right/best way it can be down. So me and my 8yr old son did a bunch of research, and found out we had TurnUp in the wrong encloser (glass tank, sold to us by Petco). My son and I are currently building TurnUp a 3 tier encloser.
A very warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

The "Beginners Mistake" Thread, as well as different care sheets are very helpful for beginners. :) Take it easy: we all began from "zero." Ask any question, instead of wondering what to do. ;) Please post pics of your tort and its enclosure once the latter is ready.

And good luck! :)

rico

Hi, I've had a Russian tortoise for about 3 months now. Mine is also a female Tulip. She has made a nice addition to my turtle & tortoise family! You're right they have a cool personality!