What should I do?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I am moving at the end of the month to La Mesa CA about half an hour from where I live now. I am renting my Ramona house to a family with three little boys. There is a three legged lizard that lives on my porch I call him Stumpy. I see him every day and have for about a month. I am afraid the little boys will catch it and try to make a pet of it. Should I leave it and hope they don't or catch it and release him at my new house?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If lizards like turtles, won't travel their life away to get back from where they were taken from, I say take him with. The three boys will probably do worse then just make a pet out of him:(

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I am usually a live and let live kind of person when it comes to wildlife, but in this situation, I think a catch, relocate and release would be a very viable option.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Then that is what I will do. Thank you for the advice. I sure hope the rest of my wild friends stay safe. T thought about making them sign a contract saying they would not hurt or capture any animal on my property, but decided it wouldn't do any good and they would think I was crazy. They have two dogs and two pet corn snakes so at least I know that like animals :)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
wellington said:
If lizards like turtles, won't travel their life away to get back from where they were taken from, I say take him with. The three boys will probably do worse then just make a pet out of him:(

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Yeah, lizards aren't like turtles in that respect. Unless the boys were old enough to understand things, and you were able to teach them how to co-habitate properly with their fellow "tenant," then I would simply relocate and release.

Status
Not open for further replies.