Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
tortoise escapee!

I had the red-foots out today, and Sasoi escaped. Can't find her anywhere! And the thing is, there is a looooong line of dense bushes behind our yard, so I'm sure she's in there somewhere. The kids searched for a long time, and we took Ashi door to door to show all the neighbors so hopefully someone will see her in a day or two.

Weather-wise, she'll be fine. Food-wise, she's got it made. Racoon-wise.... a little nervous... and if those rotten boys down the street find her, REALLY scared there!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's almost a rite of passage...and not a fun one. Just got to hope for the best. Have you figured out how she got out?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
That stinks Kelly, hope you find her and she is OK.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
awww, im sorry kelly. im sure she will wander home soon. good luck with the search!

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
shes come out. dont worry good luck!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
yah i just had them in a temporary enclosure, and she shoved the side of it over and squeezed through... stinker!!! well hopefully we find her or the neighbors do.

i do have to say, it was kinda cute, when we talked to neighbors and had another RF with us, they were ALL so interested, asking questions, wanting to pet her, telling me about the turtles they've had or seen or that friends have... funny I've lived here for 2 1/2 years and haven't talked to many of them ever, and then a tortoise makes everyone so friendly!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I hope you find her, Kelly. With the neighborhood on the look out, I'm sure someone will find her.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Funny how that happens isn't it. Nice to have some positives with the negatives.

The RF WILL show up. Will be safe too. ;)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I will keep my fingers crossed Kelly! You will probably walk outside and she will probably just be sitting there.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly, sorry to hear about Sasoi. I'm thinking good thoughts and my fingers are crossed for her quick return. I know how stressful on you this can be *Hugs*.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kelly you made it thru the night and it looks like you still have all your hair...that's a great sign. So have you found her this morning?

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Hey Kelly,
I do hope you find her.
I've lost a couple of russians overnight....and cried like a baby.lol
I didnt sleep all night and prayed like a crazy lady.
I then remembered their eating and sleeping pattern. When the tort was out eating it was easier to find it. I even got up in the morning (6:30-7) and looked, cuz that was when they were out basking.
Thats when I found mine.
None of my torts were more than a few feet away from where I lost them.
I'll pray for you to find her safe and little fuller from all the good weeds she's been munchin. lol

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
My red foot escaped from a temporary enclosure right after I moved to a new house. My wife and I searched everywhere for him. My red foot, Star, is full grown and I am always amazed at how well hidden something so large can be. I'm sure I looked right at him several times and didn't even see him. 3 days later I found him in my neighbors back yard out in the sun. Don't worry she will show up eventually. Stressful time though. Good luck!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Can torts be 'trained'? Like maybe everytime you feed. you ring a bell.. or treat time... so if they do get out.. you can just go ring a bell and maybe they will come 'running'.
Anyone ever try this?
Good luck Kelly!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Im sorry to hear Kelly, I really hope you find her. Im sure she will just pop up one day on her own. :)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
GUESS WHAT! Dude I had to search to find this post to post the news...

Last Friday, a neighbor came into my yard and said he thought my "turtle" was in his yard. I just assumed it'd be another snapper, but went to check anyway.

IT WAS SASOI! She was sitting in his yard (a fenced in yard so who knows how she got in!) just enjoying the sun! She looks great - chubby, no wounds, no respiratory issues. I dunno how she survived four months without getting eaten by racoons, she lived through all the flooding, and the last few weeks have been COLD with frost on the ground some mornings!!!!

AMAZING!

I had to set up a bin for her since we don't have any RF's left at all... LOL!

Still have a little Russian wandering the great outdoors tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.