We have a hummingbird nest!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Baby is still hanging out here and may I add...still loves me!!!! She lives in my banks roses and whenever I go outside, she 'talks' nonstop. I think she's adopted me ;)
Apparently she's an Anna's Hummingbird and may stay the winter.
photo-2241.jpg

photo-1967.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
What a great experience and may I add.......a great honor to be loved by something so beautiful. You are so lucky. I can't believe she's still around.

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Euless TX
I just saw this thread last night before I went to bed! OMG! What a beautiful experience! Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone, I love hummingbirds and what a wonderful treasure to have at your house. I love that she is still around and made you a part of her life as you have been a part of hers from the beginning :)

~Jenn

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Baby is still here and weathering the 25 degree nights. Feathers are getting darker and a little more colorful. Almost looks like a different bird, but still has the exact same behavior. Baby still buzzes at the screen door when I'm filling up the feeder and will still drink while I'm hanging it up while brushing up on my shoulder. It now loves to follow me all over the yard. Such an amazing little creature.
photo-744.png

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I consider this an extreme honor. You are certainly blessed to have this little feathered friend. I loved these up-dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.