Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Zamric said:
GeoTerraTestudo said:
How'd you secure that dog tag onto his vertebral scute?

2 part epoxy will do fine! I used a Super Heavy Duty 2 Part Epoxy used for Bridge anchors just because I had it avalable! (Just a little over board on the strenth factor needed!:p )

Ahh ... I believe I've read studies on wild tortoises and box turtles, where the researchers used epoxy to tag the animals, citing it as safe to use on their shells.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Zamric said:
GeoTerraTestudo said:
How'd you secure that dog tag onto his vertebral scute?

2 part epoxy will do fine! I used a Super Heavy Duty 2 Part Epoxy used for Bridge anchors just because I had it avalable! (Just a little over board on the strenth factor needed!:p )

Ahh ... I believe I've read studies on wild tortoises and box turtles, where the researchers used epoxy to tag the animals, citing it as safe to use on their shells.

IF you use it, please make sure it DOES NOT get near the new growth of the scutes! Apply to old growth only and never "bridge" 2 scutes!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Zamric said:
IF you use it, please make sure it DOES NOT get near the new growth of the scutes! Apply to old growth only and never "bridge" 2 scutes!

Understood. I wasn't planning on using this technique myself, I was only curious.

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
Does his tag have an address so if he ever breaks loose people know where he's from to return him? Or is there another purpose? Sorry just curious :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Name, address, and phone numbe....

he has gotten out of the yard twice since we've lived here in 6 years.

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
How lovely that people return him though. Excellent idea.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
I love walking rocks tutorials.. Love the path on the fence too. Willie is trying the same idea along my back fence but not as wide...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
clare n said:
How lovely that people return him though. Excellent idea.

no one has returned him yet. Once, I caught up with him at the end of the ally @500 ft away... then he got his Dogtag! After that, he got out the front gate and my 75 year old neighbor started yelling at us and trying to "shoosh" him like he was a cat, with her apron (Funniest thing I've ever seen!:p ). You can say the dogtag is just and insurance policy dependant on those that find him.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Nice Sullie' ...Zman .. reminds me of my old "harely boy" a big sullie I used to have ...(miss him :( ) .....great looking yard too! ...* two thumbs up* :D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
mary t said:
I love walking rocks tutorials.. Love the path on the fence too. Willie is trying the same idea along my back fence but not as wide...

Thank You! :)

Willies path will be the same one day... it just takes a few years of patiance! ;)

N2TORTS said:
Nice Sullie' ...Zman .. reminds me of my old "harely boy" a big sullie I used to have ...(miss him :( ) .....great looking yard too! ...* two thumbs up* :D

Thanks man! We would definatly miss him if he wasnt around and the yard is a labor of love for him (I hate yard work!) :cool:

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
A little old lady trying to shoo a giant tortoise away, how funny lol :D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
lynnedit said:
Really nice yard! Walking rock stories and pics are so fun.

Thanks! I do enjoy posting pics of him!:)

clare n said:
A little old lady trying to shoo a giant tortoise away, how funny lol :D

Funniest darn thing I've ever seen! It was all I could do NOT to fall on the gound and laugh! She looked terrified and WalkingRock looked up at me like he was saying...."Is she for real?" :D

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
I can imagine the face :D Phillip gives me that look sometimes :)

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
Early mornings I peer over the side to be greeted by a tilted sideways head squinty eyed look as if to say its early ok, I'm not at my best, come back in a bit when I'm fixed up. Til then I'm not a freak show... And I do not appreciate being ogled as I go about my morning ablutions.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
clare n said:
Early mornings I peer over the side to be greeted by a tilted sideways head squinty eyed look as if to say its early ok, I'm not at my best, come back in a bit when I'm fixed up. Til then I'm not a freak show... And I do not appreciate being ogled as I go about my morning ablutions.
hehehehe... Gaia gives me the same look in the morning during her soak ;)

cemmons12 said:
Great pics! Such a good looking guy!

Thanks! :)

ALDABRAMAN said:
I like his little track/path!

ONLY you can get away with that statment! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.