VET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
StudentoftheReptile said:
Heavens, that's terrible. It's one thing if they genuinely admit that they don't know something. I'm okay with that; shows honesty, and perhaps initiative that they're willing to learn. But when they abuse their degree to spout off pure BS to fill in the gaps in their education (at an animal's expense, no less), then its hard to trust them after that. Obviously, it does put you in an awkward position of trying to explain to them that you know more about the issue than they do, which of course, even with utmost tact and politeness, will hurt their inflated ego.

The other vet in town straight up admitted that he would just google whatever questions I asked and so I decided to stick with my old vet. It was especially bad because Walter really needed a beak trim, all the vet kept saying is that the underbite was normal and I was a bad owner for wanting to alter his appearance for vanity.

Shelly said:
Why do you hate veterinarians so much?
Just kidding. Unfortunately, the behavior you describe is all too common with Veterinarians unfamiliar with exotic animals. Rather than being forthright about their lack of experience, they just tend to "wing it".

Haha yeah, the sad thing is I've done volunteer work there before so he should know that I'm not really that silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.