URGENT!!! is my Baby sulcata okay?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Just regular vets not reptile vets. When I used to touch he's taIL he would always move it but no, not anymore. . I'M LOSING HOPE </3
I would suggest an x-ray of his neck. But please realize I am not a veterinarian. He may just be a little stunned and not feeling like moving right now. I just don't know and I don't want to scare you but I do feel there is a reason for concern. But that's what I would do at this point if it was my tortoise. I'm hoping a veterinarian will answer soon.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Until you hear more, I would suggest not picking him up or shaking him etc. just leave him be nice and quiet on a flat surface.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Is he responding at all? Does he blink if you touch his eyeball?

You had him loose in your house?

patricia cisneros

Is he responding at all? Does he blink if you touch his eyeball?

You had him loose in your house?

I haven't touched his eyeball. I don't want to hurt him more. And yes I had him loose ,I let him walk around for a bit before I gave him a bath. My horrible horrible mistake. I can not believe this happened :'(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I haven't touched his eyeball. I don't want to hurt him more. And yes I had him loose ,I let him walk around for a bit before I gave him a bath. My horrible horrible mistake. I can not believe this happened :'(

If he's alive this won't hurt him, because he will blink. Its one way vets test for the level of anesthesia or to see if an animal is still alive. It doesn't work on snakes though...

Sorry this happened. We try really hard hear to warn people not to let tortoises run loose in the house. Sadly, I see this sort of thing too frequently.

patricia cisneros

If he's alive this won't hurt him, because he will blink. Its one way vets test for the level of anesthesia or to see if an animal is still alive. It doesn't work on snakes though...

Sorry this happened. We try really hard hear to warn people not to let tortoises run loose in the house. Sadly, I see this sort of thing too frequently.

He did not blink. My baby is gone :( :'(

patricia cisneros

I want to thank everybody who replied to my post from the bottom of my heart. Sadly, my baby is gone. I am heartbroken beyond belief. And so disappointed in myself. It's horrible how this happened in the blink of an eye.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sorry Patricia. Wish I could go back in time and warn you...

Prairie Mom

Patricia, my heart is broken for you. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. No one judges you for this horrible accident and your story may save other tortoises' lives. It's so clear that you loved your tortoise and were trying to give him a good and fulfilling life. I hope you will heal and learn to forgive yourself. I'm glad your tortoise lived with someone who loved him so much. Take care of yourself, heal, and warn others once you feel strong enough.