URGENT!!! is my Baby sulcata okay?

patricia cisneros

I have a 9 week old sulcata tortoise . he is very healthy and active but about 30 minutes ago, I accidentally squashed his head with the door. I feel terrible. He wouldn't come out of his shell for about 10 minutes. Now he's out but he won't move his legs, hands or head. His eyes are open though. PLEASE HELP ME!! IS he dying? Is he gonna be okay? I'm devastated!

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I'm sorry to ask this but is there any deformity? Or did you just hit his head and pin it in the door?

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
I think he might be okay. I dropped my tortoise once... Not from high up and i know she was completely inside before she hit the floor, but she wouldn't come out for hours!! But was perfectly fine afterwards.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I don't think it is a good idea for such a young tortoise to be walking around the house if this is how this happened. I just assumed it is a regular door but maybe you mean the door hinge in his enclosure etc. So I don't want to jump to conclusions just wanted to point out some dangers of a tortoise roaming the house.

patricia cisneros

I think he might be okay. I dropped my tortoise once... Not from high up and i know she was completely inside before she hit the floor, but she wouldn't come out for hours!! But was perfectly fine afterwards.

I really hope my baby will be okay. I would be devastated if he died :( I am so scared

patricia cisneros

I don't think it is a good idea for such a young tortoise to be walking around the house if this is how this happened. I just assumed it is a regular door but maybe you mean the door hinge in his enclosure etc. So I don't want to jump to conclusions just wanted to point out some dangers of a tortoise roaming the house.

It was a regular wooden door with a wooden frame. I put my finger in there and closed it to see if it got really tight but I didnt. Im so confused and scared. I feel terrible :(

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Well, if there is no deformity or blood and his eyes and jaw seem okay then he will probably be fine. Just keep an ion him try not to pester him too much. Take some deep breaths I dropped my box turtle wants and felt absolutely terrible but she was fine. They are tough little critters.

patricia cisneros

Well, if there is no deformity or blood and his eyes and jaw seem okay then he will probably be fine. Just keep an ion him try not to pester him too much. Take some deep breaths I dropped my box turtle wants and felt absolutely terrible but she was fine. They are tough little critters.

Thank you soo much for your reply. I really hope my baby is okay. Despite the fact that he isn't moving his limbs

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Is he moving his head around? Is he completely flaccid, or limp? For instants if you pick him up and hold them in the air without supporting his legs does he wiggled?

patricia cisneros

Is he moving his head around? Is he completely flaccid, or limp? For instants if you pick him up and hold them in the air without supporting his legs does he wiggled?

He is limped. He doesn't pull his hands or feet in even if I pull on them. His head is not completely limp, but not sturdy either. His eyes are still open

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
@yvonne @wellington and everybody else, are there any veterinarians on this forum? I don't know their names if there are. I think we need some professional advice here, neurologically I feel there may be a problem but I am not a veterinarian.