Update on two of the 2014 holdbacks

allegraf

10 Year Member!
They are very dirty, all I did was wet them up a bit. Their legs are horribly dirty! I didn't realize how dirty until I took the pics. There are also little bits of mulch and food sticking out. They are slobs. So you get to see them in their naturally dirty state. I could only get good pics of these two as the others were non-compliant with pictures today. Enjoy.

First one:

Second one:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Geeze I can't even see the red. Lol wow Allegra those are phenomenal specimens. I may have to add a few from your line.

edwardbo

5 Year Member
I was wondering what was going on with those beautiful hatchlings .are they typical of the others in your collection? (Parents?).

edwardbo

5 Year Member
It's interesting that not only are the scales brightly colored but also their skin is red .can you give a little background on how they came to be....so very beautiful.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
That is a "red" foot alright.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Wow…I've gotta say again, those have gotta be the nicest cherries out there! Have you bred several generations to get such phenomenal color in the hatchlings, or were you just lucky enough to get fantastic parents?

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Dirty or not they are awesome!!! Congrats on some very cherry young.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
We just collected pretty adults or grew out pretty subs. We planned on trying selective breeding but then we had kids and all the torts got thrown together. All the credit goes to the torts who took care of business themselves. Rambutan has consistently produced some amazing torts. These two are the most 'red' hatchlings to date from Rambutan, most of hers start orange and stay orange. These two started out orange and seems to be getting more red as they grow. The other girls have also thrown some lookers as well just not as many as rambutan and none with as much color. The off colored (non red) girls tend to produce the more colorful hatchlings. But when you breed orange females with orange males you get orange hatchlings! Orange females with red males, you get a nice mix of colors. Red females with orange males you also get a mix, but more orange babies than red. I think the males have more to do with the colors produced and the females influence the amount. This is why most of our torts have plenty of leg and head scales, and COLOR on the necks. We do have some plainer females that we have rescued and they so far have produced solid babies. It is just fun to see what hatches.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Simply Awesome! ......Love those colors.....:)

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Holy Red!! It looks like someone took a magic marker & colored their limbs & heads! Absolutely beautiful tortoises :)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I am completely fascinated by redfoots! These two are incredible!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Whenever I see these colors I think how unreal they look (sorta like blossoms on cactus look fake to me). ;) Just such amazing colors.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Stunning!

I've never been attracted to Redfoots. Then JDs hypos caught my eye and now YOUR 2 beauties are on my "wow" list ;)
I'm not saying my opinion matters....I'm saying those are some beautiful Redfoots.