unsteady redfoot

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
From YouTube? Or from your computer/phone?
I'm loading it onto YouTube first. 30second video is taking about 60 minutes to load up. Is that normal or because I need a better computer. Lol. How do I load direct from computer to here.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
How do I load direct from computer to here.
You can't as far as I can tell. You have to use YouTube or one of the other supported sites and then embed it from there. According to the dialog from the 'media' pop up, you can use Dailymotion, Facebook, Liveleak, Metacafe, Vimeo, or Youtube. I've only ever used YouTube & Vimeo so I can't speak to how well the others work.
embed.png

Click the 'Media' button above the reply box and paste the url there.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
You can't as far as I can tell. You have to use YouTube or one of the other supported sites and then embed it from there. According to the dialog from the 'media' pop up, you can use Dailymotion, Facebook, Liveleak, Metacafe, Vimeo, or Youtube. I've only ever used YouTube & Vimeo so I can't speak to how well the others work.
View attachment 144183

Click the 'Media' button above the reply box and paste the url there.
Cheers. Waiting for it to upload to YouTube. Think its time to upgrade my computer. As far as I can see you can't upload motion pictures direct from phone or comp. Must go through one of the supported softwares you just mentioned.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
This should be a video of my tort wiggling its legs, When he walks he cant hold weight on his back right leg, Does the knee joint look swollen. I have another video of him walking around, I'll put that on tomorrow, and next time I will turn the TV down. lol

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
This should be a video of my tort wiggling its legs, When he walks he cant hold weight on his back right leg, Does the knee joint look swollen. I have another video of him walking around, I'll put that on tomorrow, and next time I will turn the TV down. lol

He's definitely not moving it as much as his other leg. When you compare his right to his left, does it look swollen?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's just no telling what's going on here. I had my largest Aldabran tortoise x-ray'd because his front leg couldn't support him as he walked. The only thing the x-ray told us was it wasn't broken or dislocated. It it's a strain or MBD, x-rays don't tell you that. So, I'm sorry, but I don't know what to tell you.

I'm offering my tortoise extra calcium (human tablets) in strawberries just to be sure his bones are strong.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
There's just no telling what's going on here. I had my largest Aldabran tortoise x-ray'd because his front leg couldn't support him as he walked. The only thing the x-ray told us was it wasn't broken or dislocated. It it's a strain or MBD, x-rays don't tell you that. So, I'm sorry, but I don't know what to tell you.

I'm offering my tortoise extra calcium (human tablets) in strawberries just to be sure his bones are strong.
Thanks Yvonne. I've been feeding g him alone, to make sure he gets calcium. If it was an injury that caused swelling, is there an ibuprofen tort equivalent I could give him to reduce swelling.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, the vet can prescribe a painkiller. It worked pretty well for my tortoise.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield

Is your aldabra better now.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi Gillian. He's still limping. Think if he's not any better by the weekend I'm going to have a trip to the vet. Thanks for asking.
So sorry to have heard that. Please keep us updated and wishes for your tort to get well VERY SOON!