Turtle tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

farber2028

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
My wife and I are on our honeymoon in St. Croix. There's a known nesting site for sea turtles not far down the beach from us. The other night after it got dark out we went to see if we could find any turtles or tracks. Well right on the private beach of where we're staying we found some tracks and a few test nesting sites and maybe even an actual nest. I didn't want to go digging around. Pictures don't do it justice as it's kind of hard to see what they are. We went back yesterday morning for the pics.

First set of tracks we saw
1377618463784.jpg

Those tracks led right to this nest
1377618510411.jpg

We followed the tracks around some bushes and going two more nesting sites, all from the same turtle. At least that's what the tracks appeared to be.

1377618654389.jpg

1377618682263.jpg

The one with all the debris on top makes me think that's where she laid. I'm pretty sure that was the last stop she made before she went back to the sea. I'll post more pics if we happen to come across more or get to see a turtle!

Sent from my XT881 using TortForum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

farber2028

5 Year Member
Iowa
It's pretty hard to make out what each picture is. Hopefully, my little descriptions help. We're here until the 6th so we'll go on another excursion hopefully with a little better results :) It was definitely cool to see because she couldn't of been there too long before we were. We had walked back that way on the beach right before it got dark out and there was no tracks. I've been looking everytime we're out here.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
That is awesome!! I hope you see her!!!! Have a great honeymoon!! :) :)

farber2028

5 Year Member
Iowa
No luck yet just thought this it's kinds of cool.

1377701037245.jpg
That's just a little ways west of us on the beach

Sent from my XT881 using TortForum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
very cool! i love sea turtles..they have to be the most beautiful and peaceful living things on this planet!! that would be super cool if you get a chance to help the little ones to the sea after hatching!!

Status
Not open for further replies.