Turning over:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio,TX
I have had Ion for 2 weeks things are great! But as of the last few days we have been finding him on his side. Twice just today what should be done? I had one tortoise die because of it turning upside down don't want to do it again. Thanks

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
San Antonio,TX
This only happens in the outdoor enclosure usually in the lower left corner.It's weird because there is nothing of interest there.

image-1365819127.png

I sometimes will put a small aloe Vera plant or a small purslane plant in the corners which he will wedge his way in between and he will look like he sits straight up.

image-1556161275.png

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Look at those cute legs. Is the side as short as it looks here? Either way maybe he's trying to climb a d rolls? Ours will stand up and try to climb anything or at least test it and see if she can.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Try moving everything away from the sides, so ion can go in between the items and the sides of the enclosure, without climbing on the objects.

I would also take out one of the water dishes. Little crowded. Just make sure he can get in and out on his own.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
San Antonio,TX
It about 6 inches deep and with the substrate it's def shorter the lid is of course wire so he does look up and thinking he can get out:) thanks for the input!!

Status
Not open for further replies.