Do you ever stop the "worrying"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
I mean, we've only had Mr. Pickles for like 10 days and I've non stopped worry about him. Is he getting enough basking time, does he like his food, is he eating enough, will he flip over and not be able to flip back..................is he hydrated..............when was the last time he pooped?

I came home from the store today and the poor lil guy was on his side! He was climbing over his log and ended up on his side like a VW beetle w/ its wheels turning around. lol Poor thing! I was like OMGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got him and held him and apologized and stroked his little shell and I felt so bad! His head popped out and I scratched his head and kept apologizing and put him in his food bowl where he promptly ate everything..............

I just don't want him to get into a sticky situation again.........I worry all the time. lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kinda, but then you will worry again, but off and on, instead of just on. My leopard is almost two. I worried all the time until he was about 8 months to a year. After that, I only worried when he was out side. Now, I only worry when he doesn't eat as much as he usually does. When I worry, I do a recheck of temps, humidity, him and then realize, he just isn't as hungry as he was yesterday. I have made my enclosure so there is no flipping and he can't get stuck between anything. I have had him do both once each. Being almost two, most of the time I don't worry. Again, except when he is outside and I can't find him. I do t worry then, I panic:D

EKLC

5 Year Member
You could post a picture of your enclosure and we'll let you know where the danger zones are.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
You always worry, But it becomes less frequent over time... I still worry, Ive had torts for 4-5years :p

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
I know the enclosure isn't as big as some of yours but it's the biggest tank I could find til we can build one for outside. I'm getting a smaller water bowl. One that doesn't have high sides and doesn't take up this much space. I've also cut his hidey log so it's not as long, he still goes in it, but now he has more room to stomp around.

Attachments

• DSC00993.JPG
    DSC00993.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 40

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ive had Cooper for 22 months and every noise he makes still worries me. And I would take out anything that your tort can climb on and flip over with. Good luck!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need to remove the screen top or cut a hole under the light. The screen blocks most of the UVB you want going through it.

Alles uber schildkroten

5 Year Member
Earth
RE: Do you ever stop the "worrying"?

If you're supplying him with proper food/water/lighting/etc... Then what's then point in worrying?? I've had mine for 4 yrs now and I don't worry...

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
wellington said:
You need to remove the screen top or cut a hole under the light. The screen blocks most of the UVB you want going through it.

I was about to mention this. :D Other than that it looks pretty good.

panky

5 Year Member
m new to tortoises but if u hav their basic needs met then u nid not to worry...ova tym it vl becum less for sure...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.