Tulsi A Testudo Ibera

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROSE

5 Year Member
:tort:Hello all from Tampa Bay Area in Florida..This is Rose and I have the privilege to live with Tulsi Tort. T was a hatchling when I got h/s maybe one month old, have had T for about three months, love the sweetie! Never had a tort before so I am in the observation and research stage, Tulsi is teaching me a lot about Tortie routine. Right now T is an indoor tenant in his vast cement tub equipped with water dish, hiding cave flat river rocks for basking an organic top soil, sand and cypress mix substrate and flat feeding dish. Tulsi gets bath 3x week and calcium with d3 is on food 3 x week. There is a basking and separate UVB light that site atop the screen on either end of tub. Tulsi's reg. routine is to get up about 7:30 am walk around eat bask etc and then he seems to hunker down between 4-6pm..during the past 2.5 weeks there has been a few times ( like today ) that T does not get out of his cave until late afternoon which is unusual .. Is that normal, I do not know, still learning. It's 1:30 pm here and he just started to walk around and eat? T gets dark romaine, hibiscus petals & leaves,dandelion, aloe, baby greens mix, sometimes I plant chunks of sprouted wheat grass in substrate. I do not feed all at once, of course. Tis Ibera is from Turkey more dry than humid. The UVB light has two elongated oval coils, will that type hurt Tulsi's eyes? I do appreciate any suggestions, info help from experienced or new Tortie lovers. I am in an apt. And will create a sun spot for Tulsi outside - working on it, need help with that project ..read about the dog kennels, would like more info please. Thanx for listening, Rose.[/size]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Rose, and welcome to the Forum!

yensao

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North California, USA
Hi Rose, welcome to the forum. Do you have some pictures to share about your lovely tortoises?
:)

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app

BROSE

5 Year Member
yensao said:
Hi Rose, welcome to the forum. Do you have some pictures to share about your lovely tortoises?

Yes i do have pix but do not know how to transport yet, can u help?

BROSE

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Hi Rose, and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you Yvonne, this is a great place to be when u have a Tortie for the first time, so grateful :tort:

BROSE

5 Year Member
tortadise said:

Hi Kelly it's a privilege to be here, thank u. Would like to post pix can u guide me with that please?

BROSE

5 Year Member
Some pix of Tulsi

yensao said:

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32

BROSE

5 Year Member
BROSE said:
Some pix of Tulsi

yensao said:

Yes pix attached on prev. page-Rose

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28

BROSE

5 Year Member
IMG_0987.jpg
BROSE said:
yensao said:

Yes i do have pix but do not know how to transport yet, can u help?

Here is Tulsi basking after lunch,love her/him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.