Treats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swetortoise

5 Year Member
Anyone got any good tips on treats for a Hermann tort? It seems as if most if not all fruits are bad an unhealthy for them, yet it would be nice to have something extra sweet to give him once in a while! What do you guys give your tortoises?

Owner of one little Hermann Tort. :)

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Switzerland
I have some tiny strawberries growing in the garden, we call them "forest" strawberries. I just give him a few of those every once in a while. :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I don't have Hermanns but when I want to give a "treat" to any of my torts I just give them something they would normally get from their food variety. A mulberry leaf, squash flower, plucked weeds, spring mix, hibiscus, etc...cuz the point is that I want to give them something while I am there and see them eat it in front of me. No reason the "treat" you give them can't be one of the many good foods you would normally feed.

Sent from my VS840 4G using TortForum mobile app

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Watermelon, cantaloupe, plum, bell pepper, squash---all of the CDTs will get these items a few times during the peak of warm weather---as that is also the time that their water consumption is at its highest....it is not only a yummy treat, but they "appear" to have a need satisfied when this is done ----however, I would not do this on a daily basis, ever...:D

Swetortoise

5 Year Member
Good tips, I'll keep everything in mind and see what he likes most. Thank you. :D

Owner of one little Hermann Tort. :)

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Anything that they really love! I use hibiscus and rose as a treat! He loves it and its a treat cause he only gets it when it blooms!

Status
Not open for further replies.