Tortoise vets near Suffolk

Freddywoozy

Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi. I'm new to the forum, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category...

I'm going to be getting a pet Russian (in March, because I don't want to interrupt their hibernation), and was wondering if their was a vet either in, or close to Suffolk in the UK. I have found one so far that is in London, but it would seem to be a far way away in the case of an emergency.
:tort:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Freddy welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Captive torts don't have to hibernate . So don't worry about the interruption . If you've completed your resurch ? Just get the one you want . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Freddywoozy

Suffolk, United Kingdom
Thank you for telling me that I don't have to worry about possibly making them ill. I will probably wait a while longer until the weather starts to get slightly better after winter though, because I'm still in the process of researching the tortoise, and trying to find a good place in my garden for a pen. :)
I am still looking for a vet near me though, so i would appreciate anyone's input.:tort:

ditzyangeluk

Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
Don't know if you are still looking or if this is near to you but I did research around Suffolk and found
Swayne & Partners Vets (http://www.swaynevets.co.uk) They have vets at Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, Long Melford, Haverhill

When I emiled them, I received the following reply;
"Thank you for your email regarding treatment of your tortoise. All our vets have experience in treating tortoises.
The cost of a consultation is £25.03 including VAT. The cost of any treatment required will then be added to this fee.
Many thanks
Emma Flood
Receptionist"
But you may like to contact them for your own peace of mind.

Hope that helps. Where in Suffolk are you?

Freddywoozy

Suffolk, United Kingdom
I am in Sudbury. I have been trying to find one this close for a while, and the closest i have found was in London so far.
Thank you for telling me one that is closer. Now i dont have to worry about my tortoise dying by delaying it's treatment. :D

ditzyangeluk

Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
No problem - I can't recommend or vouch for them perse though as I haven't used them but they are prompt with replies and friendly (and near) so worth a go I guess. Fingers crossed you won't need them!
Where in Suffolk are you?