Tortoise Photo Gallery Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
RE: Photo Gallery Trial

What kind of computer are you using, TrevO? What browser?

TrevO

5 Year Member

Well now that I think of it I'm on my droid so that might be the case. But I've never had problems uploading on like Facebook from it. It's probably just a phone thing.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan

Josh-
Maybe I missed it, but what is your intent with the folder structure?
You added more folders for the type of tortoises and I thought to do that in the users folder. I am a structure kind of person. I would hate to see the gallery turn into a mess with everything everywhere.

And thanks for the 200MB. I know I will use it. Where should I look to keep track of the amount I have used? I only recall seeing it when loading at the limit.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

I'm still trying to figure out how to best organize everything. I'm not exactly sure how we can all add our photos to the public albums and categories yet...

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan

Josh said:
I'm still trying to figure out how to best organize everything. I'm not exactly sure how we can all add our photos to the public albums and categories yet...

I am not sure of what the gallery is capable of, but what if we tagged our pictures with the name of the album. Ex: If it is a Star tortoise picture and your album name is 'Stars', I would tag the picture with 'Stars' and it would show in that album. If that did work, you would have to think a head to what to name the albums and so on...

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

I added a desert tortoise hatchling album that anyone should be able to add photos to. I guess I will just have to create a bunch of different public albums so everyone can add directly to those.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Well, I tried to add some pictures to the hatchlings album, but the only choices I was given were my own album or a new album. I couldn't figure out how to add pictures to the existing hatchling album.

Things like this make me really feel computerly challenged.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

for the five types of tortoises that are listed right now (more will be added!) there are 5 albums under each one... Mating, Adult, Juvenile, Hatchling, and Eggs.
everyone should be able to upload photos to those albums without any issues. guests will be able to do so also with admin approval of the photo.
give it a whirl!

and thanks to kbaker for uploading a TON of photos!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Ok...that's better. Now when I try to add photos it gives me the choice of adding to any of the existing albums or a new one. Trouble is, someone fixed my original picture and I've placed it in there again. Can't figure out how to delete one of them.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York

Go up to the top of the page and click on my gallery, and then all your pictures come up and you can edit or delete what you want...I think that's it.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan

Josh-
I did try the e-card. I don't know how much use it will get here because you have to know the other person's email and not their username. I sent it to myself and the pictures in the e-card did not show up - just red X boxes. The link to view it worked fine.

I also transfered a photo to the public albums. I lost ownership of it so I could no longer edit it or delete or transfer to another album.

I suggest maybe an album for pyramiding or sick tortoises.

Thanks again for the Gallery!! :D

chadk

10 Year Member!

A gallery for enclosures and Plant\Food stuff ID would be cool.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan

kbaker said:
Josh-
I did try the e-card. I don't know how much use it will get here because you have to know the other person's email and not their username. I sent it to myself and the pictures in the e-card did not show up - just red X boxes. The link to view it worked fine.

Josh-
The e-card issue might be my email. If I open the e-card and download the pictures, I get the red X boxes. If I preview the e-card and download the pictures, it all displays.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

I didnt have any issues with the e-card. Maybe we should have a new gallery photo contest?

chadk

10 Year Member!

OK, I agree that we should be able to upload a pic to any album, and yet still have it show up in our own gallery... Is there a way for me to see all my pics or all of another persons pics in one view? Right now I see pics in my own gallery i put there, and pics I put in other galleries - but I'd like to be able to easily see what pics I've already uploaded without having to hunt through each album. Make sense?

I know other sites that work that way, so I know it is doable - example = http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/gallery/u411-chadk.html. Here, I load files to my own albums by default, but in the process, I have an option to make it visibale in a special category shared by others (species, location, etc).

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Good news.. I played around with it and had no issues, then i read this thread...

1. yeah i was allowed to do that
2. it was easy to find
3. I was already set up and just clicked upload pic and it worked
4. I am going back for more

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
we need some greek and hermanns photos! 200 photos... pretty good but over 3,500 have been posted in this forum to date!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Am I the only one where it is taking what seems like forever to load after you hit continue (after picking your pictures to use)? Giving up. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I fear and shun tech.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Jacqui, that sounds like that's when the photos are uploading so it should take a little while depending on how big your files are.

dmmj, for some reason I don't believe you ... maybe because I'm typing this response to you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.