tortoise passed last night :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
Thank you all for all of the condolences... It helps alot!! AS FAR AS THE NECROPSY I thought of that the minute I figured out she was gone... I thought, what if there is eggs still in her and I could cut them out and save them... I could not do it..... I wanted to but I couldnt bring myself to do it.....this coming from an avid hunter, I have shot and dressed and ate... Moose/ bear/ dear / turkeys you name it...... but I could not cut into my tortoise..... I do have a guy who does my taxidermy and I have frozen Darby and will ask him to do it.... at least he can tell me if she had eggs still in her. then I will bury her remains in the tortoise yard under a headstone! you have all seen them I think.. ha ha she will be missed and now I am rethinking selling her offspring.....I may just have to keep them!
thanks to all of you, it means more than you know to have such good cyberspace friends!!! :)

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
DocNezzy said:
That sucks bro. Sorry to hear about this. Hang in there.

So sorry to hear about Darby. It sounds like she was very loved and well cared for. Sometimes there is no logical reason-maybe it was just time for her to go....
Louise

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry to hear about your loss, that is a good idea having a friend do it for you, I don't think anyone expect you to cut open their pet. Without necropsy of course you can't tell what happened, was she a LTC? did you have her as a baby if she was an adult she may have just died, with no fault of your own. from the posts I read of yours I can't imagine it was your fault. I think almost anyone who has owned tortoises has lost one or two of mysterious circumstances, I recently lost my first RES I got of almost 28 year and it hit me harder than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.