Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This would be especially useful on a leopard tortoise. They fade into their background so efficiently that it's really hard to find them.

Alfre B

5 Year Member
I was thinking about something like that this morning hahaha :p

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
The owner of that shop is a forum member here! I got one too! The only problem I have is getting it on/off. It scares the pee out of Dante, literally, but I think he'll get over that :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yvonne G said:
This would be especially useful on a leopard tortoise. They fade into their background so efficiently that it's really hard to find them.

Way back when I joined the forum, I was asking for something to attach to my leopard, because of the exact reason you stated. When I first got him, I would freak out, thinking he was lost, even though I knew he couldn't get out. He blended in so well. Now he's big enough, I think, that he won't be able to hide as easy.

Redari

5 Year Member
Alberta, Canada
I love these, and I've been thinking about trying to make one. I suck at knitting but something to work towards!

Does anyone think it would interfere with the UV absorption though?

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
Redari said:
I love these, and I've been thinking about trying to make one. I suck at knitting but something to work towards!

I am sure it would block some/most of it but it's knitted so it has little "holes". I would not suggest leaving it on for long periods...maybe just for fun. :tort:

Pokeymeg said:
The owner of that shop is a forum member here! I got one too! The only problem I have is getting it on/off. It scares the pee out of Dante, literally, but I think he'll get over that :)

Oh cool, I didn't know she was a member. :cool:
ha-ha! I am so used to getting peed and pood on it doesn't bother me...should I be embarrassed about that?

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
SpdTrtl said:
Redari said:

I am sure it would block some/most of it but it's knitted so it has little "holes". I would not suggest leaving it on for long periods...maybe just for fun. :tort:

Pokeymeg said:

Oh cool, I didn't know she was a member. :cool:
ha-ha! I am so used to getting peed and pood on it doesn't bother me...should I be embarrassed about that?

Hahahaha I don't think you be very harshly judged for that on this forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.