Tortoise Clothes??

Quince Wood

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MossyTortoise
I found this website the other day and i think they are the cutest thing ever. But whats your opinion should torts have clothes or is it too much??
il_170x135.513940523_rxpe.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Personally I think it is to much. They don't serve any purpose besides delighting the owner. But hey it is your money, your choice I guess.

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
On it's birthday? Absolutely!! Love it! Not on a regular basis though... ;)

However, we are ridiculous, we dress our 5 lb Shorky! ;) so there ya go, my secret is out! Bows the whole nine yards! Lol

Teacup

Georgia
I think it's cute and silly and fun. :) I'd take pics and then put the 'clothes' away. They're not meant to be worn constantly.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Personally I think they are magnificent and beautiful as they are...No,personally I would not dress them.But that's just me:)
Totally agree! ! !

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
They are completely harmless fun when used as they are intended. These are not "purse pets" that you are going to dress up and carry around with you as you cruise the mall. For festive occasions(birthdays, holidays, photo op's) they are great and cute and fun for everyone.. It is quite likely that many people put a costume on their tort for halloween already. Other than their use as a yard finder they dont serve any function for the tortoise except to give its keeper another way to interact with them. But that in and of itself has value.

Drebbycakes

South East Texas
It's not harmful. Probably gives a little warmth and only slightly annoying to the tort.. My tortoise, like the beautiful lady she is is lovely on her own but what is a beautiful lady without cute clothes? She may not wear them all the time, long, or even often but she just has to have them to validate her status!~
(Is going to start her own little tortoise closet VERY soon)
I also think it's better than some jack expletive painting their lovely, one of a kind Tortoise to make it. . ."pretty"

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I think it serves a wonderful purpose as a "yard finder". Been debating buying one for just that reason...

. Probably gives a little warmth

It can't give them any warmth because they are cold blooded. The only reason a sweater/blanket gives us (and dogs, cats etc.) warmth is because we are warm blooded. We create our own heat and the sweater/blanket helps retain that heat.
Just wanted to share this because I've seen confusion on this topic before...

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Their shells are designed for basking & soaking up rays, for warming up. Clothes inhibit this.

Personally, I wouldn't want to have to wash it. The cute photo is good enough for me.

Drebbycakes

South East Texas
I think it serves a wonderful purpose as a "yard finder". Been debating buying one for just that reason...

It can't give them any warmth because they are cold blooded. The only reason a sweater/blanket gives us (and dogs, cats etc.) warmth is because we are warm blooded. We create our own heat and the sweater/blanket helps retain that heat.
Just wanted to share this because I've seen confusion on this topic before...
Thank you for that~
I had no clue! But now I know I feel like I won't ever make the mistake of putting a blanket over her :D.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It would be hard for me too!~ We are all here to become smarter and take better care of our tortoises through correction. :D
We're here to get smarter? Now it all makes sense.

Flipper

MO, USA
They are completely harmless fun when used as they are intended. These are not "purse pets" that you are going to dress up and carry around with you as you cruise the mall. For festive occasions(birthdays, holidays, photo op's) they are great and cute and fun for everyone.. It is quite likely that many people put a costume on their tort for halloween already. Other than their use as a yard finder they dont serve any function for the tortoise except to give its keeper another way to interact with them. But that in and of itself has value.
Genius as a yard finder! :)