Tortoise Boarding West Devon

ShirleyW

Location (City and/or State)
Devon
Hi Does anyone know if there is anyone in West Devon who can board 2 spur thighed tortoises for a week ?

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hi Does anyone know if there is anyone in West Devon who can board 2 spur thighed tortoises for a week ?
Where in West Devon? We take our Hermanns tortoise to a vet in Bideford twice a year, for beak trimming, and I believe they may do boarding. If not, they might be able to suggest someone - I'm afraid we can't help personally.
Angie

ShirleyW

Devon
Where in West Devon? We take our Hermanns tortoise to a vet in Bideford twice a year, for beak trimming, and I believe they may do boarding. If not, they might be able to suggest someone - I'm afraid we can't help personally.
Angie
Thanks so much for your reply. I asked the vet at Northam but he recommended asking on a tortoise forum

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thanks so much for your reply. I asked the vet at Northam but he recommended asking on a tortoise forum
Ah, well that was the place I was thinking of ! Maybe someone else will have other ideas. There used to be a lovely tortoise sanctuary in St. Austell , but it closed several years ago.
If you do find someone, please let me know.We take Zola with us everywhere (though he can't go abroad ), but there have been previous times when people have asked about this.
Good Luck.
Angie

Guts

Tennessee
Look for an in home pet sitter in your area, that way they don’t need to be moved or anything!

ShirleyW

Devon
Ah, well that was the place I was thinking of ! Maybe someone else will have other ideas. There used to be a lovely tortoise sanctuary in St. Austell , but it closed several years ago.
If you do find someone, please let me know.We take Zola with us everywhere (though he can't go abroad ), but there have been previous times when people have asked about this.
Good Luck.
Angie

ShirleyW

Devon
Have managed to find a lady in Tiverton who will take them. A little further than I was expecting but as long as they are looked after properly I dont mind.

Beanmiester

Exeter
Have managed to find a lady in Tiverton who will take them. A little further than I was expecting but as long as they are looked after properly I dont mind.
Hi I know I’m replying to an old post, but how was the boarding with your 2 tortoises in Tiverton? I’m looking for someone to look after mine in December. Who did you use in Tiverton?