Tort Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHoneycutt

5 Year Member
Hi. My name is Josh and I'm 24. I recently moved to Oklahoma with my wife. We've been looking around and researching potential pets. She decided wants a bearded dragon or two and I'vs jumped from Tarantula to Leopard Tortoise in the last 8 hours. I've been looking and researching everything but I believe it would be better to get info directly from experienced owners. I want to start building an enclosure soon (1 indoors and 1 outside). I know absolutely nothing about what to do or expect from my new fascination so where do I go from here?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) The third thread below in my post is Toms, great info on raising a leopard. The others are also Toms and would still be helpful for raising a tort. Then you can also look for some of his other threads that will show you some enclosures also through the enclosure section.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Josh, and welcome to the Forum!

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
Welcome! I am just learning about leopards as well and am working on both outdoor and indoor housing. I am learning that building or finding a closed chamber is the way to go to hold in heat and humidity well. If you search the forum for closed chamber you will find examples. I haven't decided on a design yet, but I am working on it. Tom's threads are most likely the best up to date information you will find on raising a leopard hatchling and I suggest reading what he has to say and fallowing his advice the best you can. You can also of course search for outdoor enclosures and find beautiful and easy designs. Its all up to you. Good luck!

JHoneycutt

5 Year Member
Thank you. I see a lot about Toms threads. I've looked at a few already. Since I'll probably start building it next week, my biggest question at this point is can I actually make it too big? I'd like to dedicate the entire side yard to the torts for the summer.

JHoneycutt

5 Year Member
That's really good to know. Thanks for the quick replies guys! My plan can now be put in motion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.