No tortoise yet, but researching

Bgomez1981

Location (City and/or State)
Lake Worth, FL
Hello!

My name is Becky and I live in South Florida. I do not have a tortoise currently but I have been researching the red footed tortoise. I want to make sure I'm educated before making a commitment. :) I will try to search for previously asked questions before bothering anyone, but thank you in advance for your patience. I'm a total noob, but have the desire to learn. :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Welcome Becky ask as many questions as necessary to clarify anything you read. There's always something new here to learn

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello!

My name is Becky and I live in South Florida. I do not have a tortoise currently but I have been researching the red footed tortoise. I want to make sure I'm educated before making a commitment. :) I will try to search for previously asked questions before bothering anyone, but thank you in advance for your patience. I'm a total noob, but have the desire to learn. :)
A very warm welcome to the forum, Becky!

Well done! Take your time and do not rush: do all the research you can, ask all the questions you want, and..good luck in picking a tort. Will be waitingto see its pics.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Becky, and welcome to the Forum! RF tortoises should do very well in Florida.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello!

Check this out:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
What an excellent introduction.
Welcome to Tortoise Forum, Becky.
And don't be afraid to ask if you can't find everything you need.
It's no bother.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Welcome to the forum south Florida is a great place to raise a humidity loving red foot!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Becky ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1434673231.327417.jpg Becky your no bother and nothing says you have to have a tort . But don't forget torts are a lot like " Lays " you cannt eat just one , you always want more torts !

MNM

Hello!

OMG! You and I are doing the exact same thing! I am also new here, am researching the red foot tortoise, and am a noob with a desire to learn. I live in Michigan though, and boy has it been freezing these past few winters! Oh! I almost forgot to say... Welcome! This is a great place for any questions you might have. Everyone is so kind and they know pretty much everything there is to know about tortoises. Have fun! ;) :D ~Marissa~

Also if anyone was wondering, MNM are my initials! :p