Tort Keeps Flipping On His Back - Please Help!

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Gillian , here is a 10 dollar fix , go to Walmart and buy a kids wading pool ! No corners to climb and flop over in . ;) If you were close enough , I would give you Speedy's since he has outgrown it !

Rue

Canada
Just curious...would they have something like Walmart where Gillian lives? Or even sell wading pools there?

I've never been out that way...I really have no idea outside what I've seen on the occasional real estate show on TV, and who knows how much of an idea those give you?

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Just curious...would they have something like Walmart where Gillian lives? Or even sell wading pools there?

I've never been out that way...I really have no idea outside what I've seen on the occasional real estate show on TV, and who knows how much of an idea those give you?
They are pretty much world wide , but I actually wouldn't know since it doesn't say where she is from and there is limited access to who can view her profile ! :( Unless she lives on an uncharted island somewhere I would naturally assume a plastic wading pool would be available somewhere fairly nearby ! If she really lives somewhere where plastic wading pools are non-existent she could go here ; http://www.walmart.com/all-departments and order one !

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Except Gillian says she doesn't have more floor space in her apartment. Her enclosure is already too small
They come in several sizes , length times width equals the area of her box ! the area of a square is Pi times the radius square . Pi equals 3.14 , radius square equals 1/2 the diameter , times itself ! So , the problem is really not quite as insurmountable as one may think ! :)

After 70 some odd posts I am sorry , I give up ! I am done here ! :confused:

Last edited:

Si00z24

Our Redfoot went through a climbing and flipping faze. We put some smooth flat rocks in the center of his enclosure for a real gradual area he could climb over to entertain him. I'm not are if this helped but he did stop climbing the walls of the enclosure.

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Canada
That's a good idea a log or tunnel...or a log tunnel...in the middle to give him something to climb over.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Then it might be something like as simple as how the light ir shadow hits it. Is it warmer/cooler than the rest. painted any different? Closer to a real light/year sourse outside of the box. Closer to your bedroom.

It's the corner away from the light in the enclosure. It is not closer to my bedroom.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Gillian lives in Jordan. I actually don't think Walmart has stores in Jordan. Delivery options are also quite limited and expensive there, from what I gather.
Correct. NO Walmart in Jordan, NO care for animals/pets, NO vets, NO food for animals, with the exception of dogs. This is due to the fact that the filthy rich buy dogs to have them guard their luxurious villa, cars, and property. These animals are not considered pets in such cases.

I presume many of you know that I couldn't find mazuri here, and was told that torts live in the wild in this part of the world. Therefore, it wouldn't be worthwhile for businessmen to have the food on shelves till it expires, which makes sense. It was ED who was kind and generous enough to send me mazuri, cuttlefish,calcium and the rest. (Thanks ED!)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Our Redfoot went through a climbing and flipping faze. We put some smooth flat rocks in the center of his enclosure for a real gradual area he could climb over to entertain him. I'm not are if this helped but he did stop climbing the walls of the enclosure.
I have placed a tile, as was advised, but OLI went on and on flipping on his back. There's got to be some "myth"/secret here, I think.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Except Gillian says she doesn't have more floor space in her apartment. Her enclosure is already too small
That's another issue: even if I had the money to make/buy a larger enclosure from abroad, please believe me: the flat is small as is. I have to leave some room to be able to move around, myself.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Gillian , here is a 10 dollar fix , go to Walmart and buy a kids wading pool ! No corners to climb and flop over in . ;) If you were close enough , I would give you Speedy's since he has outgrown it !
Would you please send me a pic of it? Thanks.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Thanks very much your help everyone.

Appreciate it.