Tiny update..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well yesterday Tiny refused to eat or poop... This morning she woke up feeling like a million bucks.. Went out ate her vegetables and grazed..when brought in she paced her enclosure and ate some more..

So it is definatley the shots that are bothering her.. Every time i give her an injection the next day she is lathargic and wont eat until the third day...Then on that day she needs the shot( every 72 hrs) then she goes off feed and refuses to leave her hide...So I stopped the medication today...I think it's doing more harm than good...(I will watch her closely if she starts to get sick again I will take her back in)

But I will keep the temps high around 82*F and stress to a minimum..

Thoughts?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I think that you are the one that will ultimately need to make this decision.....I would not think you are doing anything wrong at this point....I think that if you keep Tiny in the "warm" zone and not let her get cool....that will help.

If you can get her out for the sun and grazing and keeping her warm and watch to see what happens with her spirits and body and she does better, then great.

You will know if she begins to fail....and you will need to then act accordingly....

I hope she shakes off what ever she was dealing with really soon :D

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chester County, PA
Take Tiny to the vet and have this conversation with your vet. Take a poop sample too-- never know ;) but this sounds good. Remember you still don't have all the answers- it's best to follow through. :)!

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well got up this morning and Tiny was out of her hide basking...Then as I watched her through the glass she went and started to eat..first some Mazuri then right to the Vegetables...She still has the sniffles...But she is 100% better than she was while on the shots...I spoke to the vet a few days ago when she called to see how Tiny was doing...I explained my concerns and she said we could go with her first recommendation and improve the husbandry..(from PO but I opted for the antibiotics which hind site now tells me I should have waited and seen as the Vet recommended)

As for the Stool sample... It was tested on first visit...Vet called and stated it was good...

So for now..I will watch Her...Keep her warm...Anything else I could do??

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.