what are signs of respiratory issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasia

5 Year Member
Pepper, my 9" sulcata, seems very healthy in that she has a huge appetite and is very active. I never see bubbles or discharge from her nose. However when she "hides" in her shell, aside from the regular hissing sound they make, she makes snorting sounds and sounds very congested, and continues to sound this way until she extends her head out of her shell again. Again, I'm not talking about that hissy noise they make when sucking in. This is a different noise, like a congested child almost.

Since I haven't noticed it before this week, I was wondering what you think about this? She did spend the summer outside and one night it stormed but I slept through it so didn't bring her in. WHen I went to check on her in the morning, she was sleeping in wet grass that was very cold to the touch. I heard the gurgly noise from her that morning and then haven't heard it again until this week.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I wouldn't think it would be a problem if you only hear it when she pulls in. Check her nostrils and make sure they or one isn't clogged with something. Other then that, here is a bump to get more exposure to your thread.

Anastasia

5 Year Member
Ok thanks! After reading that, I don't see any of those other signs so hopefully this means she's just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.