Then there were 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyager

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sutter, Ca
I am the lucky guy that iherited 5 tortoises and they are doing fine, pics coming hopefully soon when I get their house in their enclosure. Well the female leopard is missing. There is no way possible for her to get out, I think I got thieved. Made phone calls to everyone except our president and have flyers over half the US. If by some chance she did get out (and there is no way unless she can fly) how far would they travel? I know this is a subjective question. I live next to a typical summer Northern California mountain range, dead and dry. There is limited food and water up there, so.............HELLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome. Leopards can walk and walk and walk. More than likely and hopefully one of your neighbors has her. If your in a remote location, man oh man, Time to do a serious search. They can find a nice hiding spot and blend in well. Hope you find her.

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
tortadise said:
Welcome. Leopards can walk and walk and walk. More than likely and hopefully one of your neighbors has her. If your in a remote location, man oh man, Time to do a serious search. They can find a nice hiding spot and blend in well. Hope you find her.

Thanks for the well wishes. I have searched with friends about a half mile radius of their pen, with obviously no results! I will keep at it and hope she pops up soon, evenings are getting cooler here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. :) I know how those darn leopards can blend in. If there is really no possible way she could have gotten out, then crawl hands and knees every inch if the enclosure. Feeling every spot, even the open areas. My leopard has no way of getting out of his enclosure either. But man can that bugger hide. I panic every time. I have even looked right at him and it see hi the first time I checked. Good luck. Really hope she shows up.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Like everybody has said, these creatures can just sit still, play like a rock, and you can miss them, even the big ones which you would think would be glaring obvious. They also when in traveling mode, travel rather quickly. Good luck finding her. Are the rest Leopards, too?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
If you are out in the middle of nowhere then it will be near impossible to find her unless you can track tortoises. Hopefully someone manages to stumble upon her and gives her back. I have a hard time finding my adults sometimes even when they are right in front of me. They blend into high grass and bushes extremely well.

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome. :) I know how those darn leopards can blend in. If there is really no possible way she could have gotten out, then crawl hands and knees every inch if the enclosure. Feeling every spot, even the open areas. My leopard has no way of getting out of his enclosure either. But man can that bugger hide. I panic every time. I have even looked right at him and it see hi the first time I checked. Good luck. Really hope she shows up.

Thanks for the encouragement, I will keep checking. I find myself looking everywhere for her as I am driving home, etc..

Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! Like everybody has said, these creatures can just sit still, play like a rock, and you can miss them, even the big ones which you would think would be glaring obvious. They also when in traveling mode, travel rather quickly. Good luck finding her. Are the rest Leopards, too?

I have one more leopard, her mate :( Then I have 2 sulcatas (pair) and I think I have an aldabra also, not positive as I am new and inherited the little boogers

Eweezyfosheezy said:
If you are out in the middle of nowhere then it will be near impossible to find her unless you can track tortoises. Hopefully someone manages to stumble upon her and gives her back. I have a hard time finding my adults sometimes even when they are right in front of me. They blend into high grass and bushes extremely well.

Yeah I know what you mean about them blending in well. I check the daily and they do hide, but still can't find her, will keep plugging away

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) good luck I hope you find her

dyager

5 Year Member
Sutter, Ca
Jacqui said:

She was a pair if breeding leopards, so her boyfriend is single, currently' Then there are 2 sulcatas and I think the last one is an aldabra, not positive, but I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.